Chapter 13

Izetta's POV

I was shocked when Loki was dropped off at the new Stark Tower. I kept low as the jet kept going afterward. I jumped off after a second and flew around the other way, keeping out of sight. I used my claws to cut through the glass and get inside. I hurried along keeping as low of a profile as I could.

"Jarvis, get my other suit ready, pronto."

"Miss Izetta, I must insist we contact Mr. Stark," I growled, annoyed.

"I'll handle this. I'm gonna show them just how strong I really am."

"Izetta, I do not advise this." I sighed.

"Yeah...I've heard that before." I took off my broken gear and hurried along. I needed to find Loki and stop him.

"Okay, what did Fury say? Who did they have that was a friend? Uh...the Doctor! Okay, he's been...brainwashed, I guess. If I can fix him, then I can get him to safety and take on Loki. No portal, no army, we're golden!" I reassured myself. My nerves were still high. "I need to tell Jarvis to take a note on my will to leave all my shit to Pepper."

I tracked Loki back to the top of the tower. I saw him outside. He looked like he was waiting for something. I knew that I couldn't just push him off the edge. Plus, I doubted that would work. I had only snuck up on the guy once. I was fairly certain that I had just gotten lucky. But how the hell am I gonna get the jump on him?

I suddenly got an idea. If I can get Loki inside and then get myself OUTSIDE, I bet I'll find the Doctor on the roof. If I can snap him out of it, then Loki is alone and all mine! I grinned.

"Alright, now to get curly horns inside." I crept forward, looking around for something I could use. I stood up, changing back into my human form. I had to be smaller to get past Loki. "This'll be a breeze," I reassured myself again.

"I wouldn't be so sure, child." I felt a blade at my back. I froze. I looked outside as the illusion turned and grinned at me before disappearing.

"You really like that trick, don't you?" I asked, keeping my cool.

"Well, it is quite effective, as I'm sure you've noticed." I sighed. "Come to stop me, have you? A girl with no plan, no backup, and no special toys." He said, pushing the blade against my back harder. I took this as a signal to walk. I had to think, so I needed to play nice for now. "And your powers won't surprise me again."

"I could say the same to you." He made me kneel down and I wasn't surprised when I felt ropes.

"Really? I don't think my powers are as predictable as yours."

"Maybe not your powers, but you are. Ropes?" I began as he walked around in front of me. I looked up at him. "Kinda obvious." He chuckled.

"Well, I'm not the one on my knees."

"Not yet, but you will be. You really think Tony won't figure it out?" I asked. "Stark Tower? Not very subtle. Not the best play either. Showing your hand before the war even starts isn't very smart in my book, you know."

"You have only heard of their might, you have no idea what they can actually do," He threatened. I looked up toward the roof.

"Maybe not, but how do you know all of our tricks? Goes both ways, pal," I told him. Damn it, get dramatic and turn around. Don't these guys always do the 'look out at my new empire' stance?

"You pathetic heroes will fall before me," He growled.

"Not if you attack out there." He turned, glancing back at me before walking forward and looking out the window. About time. I slowly began to work at the ropes with my claws, only turning my hands back to hybrid. "You did choose probably the worst location and the worst country to attack, you know. If there's one place that doesn't go down easy, it's America. Trust me, I learned the history." He said nothing for a moment.