Chapter 27

Loki's POV

I had been watching her closely. I could see how tense she was. There was something inside her that not even I dared to mess with. She had been sending off signals of her true power without even knowing it. That blind attack had been enough for both my brother and myself to recognize that she was just as strong as a god. She might not have been an actual demi-goddess, but she had the powers of one and she could wield them well. 

Then again, we couldn't know if she was a true goddess or not. Even after all of this, her truth was still shrouded in mystery. She really was such a strange person to have ever been brought into the world. Everything about her seemed impossible.

Still, there was something that drew me to her. It might've been my subconscious recognition of how she was feeling...and how I knew what that was like, but there was something else as well. I didn't quite understand it at the time, but it made her...somewhat alluring to be around. It was almost as if her rarity made her even more encaptivating. Not to mention it went along with her differing personality. She wasn't like anyone I'd met before. I liked it, but I knew not to test her waters too much. Still, I couldn't help saying a few things.

"So...some family history." Her glare was powerful, but she chose not to speak. I decided to see if I could get her to react, still treading carefully. "Part Dark Elf, Part Light Elf, and...even a bit of god in you. What a combination." I saw her smirk a little as she faced me again.

"Yeah. Want to be my test subject for it?" I began to regret my actions.

"I think I'll pass, thank you..." Her chuckle made my heartbeat quicken for just a moment. It was so sudden and subtle that I almost didn't notice. I wasn't even sure if it had actually happened. Still, I felt...warmer.

"Don't worry," Even her voice had shifted. I couldn't help but be captivated by it when she spoke. She had truly grown, and I was beginning to recognize it. She wasn't the aloof child I had met before. She had changed, but her spark was still there. 

She climbed back into the ship and held out her hand to me. "I'll just give you a show when we find Malekith." I was a little stunned, but I accepted her hand as she helped me climb back aboard.

"I have no doubts about that." 

Izetta's POV

We hurried down and cautiously got closer. Even I knew that we had to show restraint from just rushing in. I wanted to tear the bastard apart, but we still did need a bit of a plan of attack. They were heading our way. Thor looked to Jane.

"Alright, you ready?" He asked and she nodded.

"I am," Loki replied as if he was trying to say that she, or both she and Thor weren't. I flexed my claws. I could feel my own power rushing through my veins. I wanted to use it. I wanted to unleash it. I was done holding back my abilities, but I knew that I still had to stick to the plan. I wasn't going to let my emotions get the better of me.

"I was ready nine hundred years ago." Thor nodded and we stood tall, ready for whatever was coming.

"You know, this plan of yours is going to get us killed," Loki told his brother.

"Yes, possibly." Loki turned to him, holding up the handcuffs again. Thor hesitated. I couldn't blame him, but I also had to admit...I had begun to trust him. I wanted to trust him, even if I didn't know why.

"You still don't trust me, brother?" Thor looked at him, skeptical.

"Would you?" Loki didn't answer, but Thor freed him finally. I was relieved that they were at least working together for now. The relief was short-lived.