Chapter 91

Izetta's POV

I said goodbye to my family before I hopped on my motorcycle and headed off. Yes, I decided to get my license for a motorcycle. Bikes are awesome, what can I say? Plus, they make me feel like a badass. My dad has his cars, I have my bikes. To each their own, right?

Anyway, I drove along at your standard Stark speed (if you know what I mean) and headed back to the old base. It felt so weird to see it again. Just seeing the Avengers 'A' on the side made me feel so many things. I never thought I'd come back. It felt strange yet it felt like home at the same time. It was good to be back, if only it was under better circumstances. And if only more people that belonged there were actually there too.

Once I got there, I saw Steve waiting for me. I smiled and walked over. We hugged and I headed inside to help out with the time machine. It was good to see Bruce again, even if he was a lot different than before. I had missed him. I had honestly really missed everyone. 

However, as they ran tests, I told them that I had to go and do something. Natasha could handle being the assistant for now. I went to get set up in my old room. Once I was, I knew where I had to go. I left a note for the others, of course.

'Gone to get something to help us. Be back soon. 

-Izetta'

Okay, that's done. Good. I got the spell ready. I breathed in and out, knowing not to get my hopes up, but this was my best shot. I have to find a way. I will save you. I promise.

I traveled to Alfheim and arrived at the tree. I began to walk inside. I looked around before calling out on my way to the library. 

"Fawn? Varick? Anybody home?" I yelled. After a few seconds, Fawn came out of nowhere. She looked thrilled.

"Izzy!" She hugged me. "You came back!" I smiled.

"Yes, but I don't have much time. Listen, I have a lot to explain, but long story short, we can fix what Thanos did." Her eyes widened.

"What?"

"We can. But I need your help." I explained the fundamentals of what was going on and how time travel worked, which somehow Fawn already knew a lot about time travel, but that's beside the point. 

She thought about it for a long time. After a bit, she finally spoke up. I could tell that what I was asking was either very big or very dangerous just by the tone of her voice. Still, I hoped that she would help me, despite the tall order I was asking of her.

"Izetta, changing it will be risky. You know that this could create a separate timeline. This is serious. I don't see any way to do this safely while keeping the timeline intact."

"I know but is there anything? Any spells or artifacts or...something?" She looked up at me. I was pleading with her. "Please, Fawn. I have to try." She frowned a little, her eyes wavering. 

"...Come with me." I followed her and she took me into the secret library. She pulled out one of the books there before turning back to me. I carefully took the book as she handed it over.

"Varick has studied many more spells than me to protect our home. He has sworn himself to destroying or hiding all of the most dangerous ones to protect them from any dark forces, but this book might hold an answer. Neither of us is powerful enough to even begin to cast a single spell in this, but you...you are. Your powers are more advanced in spell work, so, if you're careful, they might work." 

"Thank you, sister." We hugged. "Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me." She chuckled, hugging me comfortingly. 

"Trust me. I believe I do."