xi

[Edited]

If lying was a crime we'd all be in jail.

➳➳➳

[Earlier that day]

Harry moved forwards on his seat as he clenched his hands in an attempt to calm himself but nothing seemed to work for him right now. The only thing he wanted to do was to grab the blond man in front of him by the neck and choke him to death, that's how angry he was but he knew better than that. Things weren't going as expected lately, he had a plan and it was going as he wanted it, until today. The news he received today wasn't pleasant.

The blond man's skin got even paler and he gulped once he spotted his boss' furious expression, his eyes were burning daggers at him and his blood was boiling, he knew that bad things would happen if he said anything wrong.

“Can you please repeat yourself, Mr. Horan?” Harry asked him in his deep voice, making him sweat. Niall fixed his blue suit and cleared his throat, trying not to show how scared he really was at the moment.

“We couldn't find the evidence you were seeking for. M-me and my men searched everywhere but it's impossible. He made sure to hide everything.” He managed to explain, stammering slightly and he saw as Harry's nostrils flared and slammed his ready fist on the desk, making the objects on top of it move from their place. Niall jumped in surprise but made sure not to show his discomfort.

“Then maybe you haven't searched good enough.” Harry stated clearly irritated by his employee's lame excuse. It was one thing that Harry knew for sure and that was that there was no perfect crime.

“Mr. Styles, I swear to god–” The poor man couldn't get to finish his sentence because in one swift movement he was on his feet with Harry's big hands wrapped around his neck with not much force to choke him, but enough to leave a bruise and make him understand that he wasn't joking. His patience was running thin, he had been waiting for Niall to come two months now and he came with empty hands.

“Don't you dare tell me that. I was perfectly clear when I assigned you the job but you came back here with nothing. How should I take that?” Harry asked him, his eyes turning a darker shade of green. The room was completely silent, only the two of them standing there and the dark windows made sure that no other employee could see them from outside. Niall placed his hands on Harry's wrists, trying to get him to loosen his grip a bit. He was afraid for his life, he knew how Harry could become when he was angry and he for sure didn't want to experience it.

“I'm sorry. Really.” He apologised terrified, his big blue eyes wide.

“Your sorry can't do anything.” Harry yelled, shaking him.

“I-I will search again. More careful this time.” Niall's shaky voice said and the fear in his eyes made Harry relax a bit. He realised that if he kept applying pressure he was going to kill the other man and he didn't want to do that, even though he was extremely angry at him. He sighed deeply and removed his hands from Niall's neck, bringing them up to his chest to fix his black tie.

“Do it! And next time come here with evidence.” Harry told him sternly and Niall nodded his head quickly as he was still gasping for air. He tried to support himself on the chair behind him and he started caressing his neck to smoothen the pain.

“I will Mr. Styles.” He said breathlessly. Harry sat on his chair again and started writing and signing some of the papers on his desk avoiding eye contact with Niall, he was afraid he would snap again if he saw his face.

“Leave my office, Mr. Horan,we are done.”

“Yes, sir.” Niall whispered not trusting his voice at the moment. Hesitantly he turned his back to Harry and moved towards the black wooden door, opening it and then walking outside, no more words were said.