xxxv

[Unedited]

I wonder when the night will reach its end, the sleep is not my friend.

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

"You need answers? What do you want to know Harry? There is nothing more to say." I told him, looking across the room at him. It was dark but I could still see his face and the way his jaw tensed at my words. I gulped, tightening my fist as I waited for him to speak. I knew I couldn't give him the answers he needed and I couldn't tell him about Alexander's threat. I was scared. He threatened to kill Zayn and Sandra and he would do it without any hesitation if I disobeyed him or said anything to Harry. I really didn't want to keep anything from him, not anymore, but I had no choice.

"Actually there are a lot of things we have to say. I'm tired of this. No more secrets, Angelina, it's time for the truth. I haven't been completely honest with you and I'm sure you haven't been with me either." he said, leaning on the piano behind him and crossing his arms over his chest. His face was serious and hard but his eyes-- they gave away his pain, all his emotions. He was broken, just like me.

"Harry, we have done this before. It's no use. We can't be honest with each other. We always end up fighting." I replied, shaking my head.

"I'm not asking much, Angelina. I just lost someone that meant a lot to me for no fucking reason and we both know that it wasn't a robbery. Listen, this is how this is going to work. I will tell you everything I know about your parents and you are going to tell me what Alexander really wanted today at the funeral."

He sat down on the chair by the piano and leaned forwards, resting his elbows on his knees as he nervously played with the rings around his long fingers. I stared at him for a long time debating with myself on what I should do. His proposal was intriguing and I needed the truth. I wanted to know what happened that night and why my parents died. It was about time.

I bit my lip approaching him to go and take a seat on the armchair a few feet in front of him. I sat down, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear before my eyes met, nervously, with Harry's. I was going to lie to him in order to get the answers that I've searching for all my life.

Don't think about that. This is more important.

"Okay, but I don't know much Alexander's true intentions. I don't know what he is planning. If he was the one that killed Agnes, as you are implying, then I'm not sure why he did it. Why would he want to hurt you or someone close to you?" I asked him, a frown forming on my face. Harry exhaled deeply as his eyes moved to the floor.

"Me and Alexander have a past. When I was sixteen years old, I was going through a very difficult faze in my life. I had just learned that I was adopted and that everything in my life had been a lie. I was angry and confused, I needed a friend and Ethan was that friend." he started explaining.

"Ethan has no friends. He only hurts people." I said in a low voice, suddenly remembering all the horrible things he had to me and the different ways he had hurt me. I studied Harry's face closely, trying to make him look at me but his eyes refused to meet mine.

"I guess I had to learn it the bad way. At the time he was the only one that made me feel like I belonged somewhere. He had accepted me in the gang and even though I knew it was a bad idea, I went along with it. I helped him and I did everything he asked me to do. I entered a dark world, I couldn't think clearly the anger and betrayal I was feeling made me do stupid things. In my mind it was like revenge but in reality I was simply hurting myself. I distanced myself from everyone, I was like a ghost in this house, I lived in here but no one saw me."