xii

[Edited]

Stay. I need you more that you think.

➳➳➳

The sweet melody of the piano echoed in the big house as the 15 years old young boy pressed the keys with his long fingers, slowly and delicately. The sound he produced was dreamy and simply amazing. His head moved back and forth as he played, making his chocolate brown curls to fall on his forehead, his eyes were half closed enjoying the music and his plump pink lips were slightly parted. He was so lost in his own world that he didn't notice that he was no longer alone in the room until the sound of hands clapping reached his ears. Immediately his green eyes widened and his head turned towards the direction of the sound.

“I have to say I'm impressed, Harry.” The younger girl– by one year– said, giving him a warm, heart-melting smile. Harry's shocked expression changed quickly and instead a big grin appeared on his face as he shook his head lightly.

“Stop doing that, Nina.” He told her, dropping his hands on his lap. Nina's brown eyes sparkled with amusement, she always liked to catch him off guard. Harry preferred to be alone when he played the piano, but he was so good that she couldn't just ignore the amazing melodies. She approached him.

“Sorry, but I can't.” She said playfully and stuck her tongue out at him. Harry sighed and looked back at the piano, his expression becoming serious again and Nina frowned. She didn't like seeing him sad.

“What's wrong Harry?” She asked concerned, pushing her long brown hair away from her face. Harry shrugged.

“Do you think it's good enough?” He questioned and she knew that he was referring to the music he was playing previously.

“Of course it is! Whatever you play on this piano is good Harry, it's pure magic.” She told him, taking a seat next to him and taking his hand in her warm one. Harry looked at her and smiled, showing off his cute dimples.

“If you say so.”

“It is.” She insisted, making him chuckle at her behaviour. She really knew how to lighten up his whole day, she was the only person who could do that.

“You're the best.” He told her and wrapped his arms around her, engulfing her in his warm embrace and she closed her eyes.

“I love you, Harry.” She whispered.

“I love you too, Nina.” He said back and she let out a shaky breath.

“Whatever happens promise me that you won't leave me.” Nina told him, pulling away from him to look into his green eyes. Harry knew exactly to what she was referring and that made his heart break a bit.

“I will never leave you. I will always protect you, Nina.”

Harry shot up from his bed breathing heavily as the words he heard in his dream replayed on his head, over and over again. He had promised her. His sweet Nina didn't deserve what happened to her, the way they treated and used her, but it wasn't only their fault. No, it was his too and for that he would never stop hating himself. She was young, innocent and alone and he was a troubled, fücked-up boy who didn't care enough to notice that she was slowly falling apart and taking the wrong path... a path he took too, but he survived.

He massaged his temples, letting out a soft groan when he felt like his head was going to explode. He knew that he drunk a lot, but that was the only thing that could make him forget and make the pain he was feeling more bearable. This was his punishment for not protecting her like he said he would. His punishment though wasn't enough, he had to make them pay, too. That was the reason he was still alive anyway, to find them and kill them, only then he could die in peace. Only when he made sure that they got what they deserved.