xl

[Unedited]

For your eyes only I'll show you my heart.❞

➳➳➳

Pain. Hatred. They are both strong emotions and they can lead a person to do very bad things-- even kill. All these years Ethan learnt to live with these emotions, they helped him survive. Pity or forgiveness wasn't something he knew, Alexander had always told him to not think twice about his actions and especially when killing someone. The faster he did it the better it was.

If you have to kill, then kill! Those were his words when he first took him to stay with him. And Ethan listened.

Ethan always listened.

But who listened to him when he desperately needed someone?

No one.

When his beloved Nina died no one cared enough to ask him how he felt or how heart wrecking it was for him to find his girlfriend's dead and lifeless body lying on the floor. Alexander only cared about his reputation and Harry, his old friend and her brother, only cared about revenge. So Ethan didn't say anything, he kept everything to himself and pretended that he was okay.

How could it be okay, though? Knowing that the person you loved the most committed suicide because it was too much for her. He couldn't understand it, even after reading her last letter, he still couldn't understand it. It just didn't make sense but yet again he listened to Alexander and moved on.

And that's what he has keep been doing until this day, he has listened and he has obeyed Alexander's orders without questioning anything. It's not like he had a choice anyway, Alexander saved him from a long life in jail and he owned him for that. He also knew that Alexander did all he did for the best, he thought about his men and Ethan respected him for that.

Now, though, he reached a point where he wasn't so sure anymore about Alexander's words. He kept secrets from him and Ethan never liked to be left out or not know what was going on. Alexander was underestimating his abilities and was taking his royalty for granted.

Ethan pushed aside his thoughts and unlocked the basement's door. He descended the stairs slowly, the creaking sound the wooden steps made every time his foot touched them was the only sound that could be heard. The small lamp hanging from the ceiling brightened up a bit the place and helped him see where he was going.

As he reached the last step he stopped and looked around him, narrowing his eyes. He was searching for the blond tortured guy that had told him about Harry's suspicions and he found him, lying on the ground with his head hanging low and arms resting on his legs. He almost felt bad-- almost.

Ethan approached him and sighed deeply when he saw that the other man didn't even flinch. Hadn't he noticed his presence? He cleared his throat and hit him lightly with his foot, but again nothing. Rolling his eyes he bend down and took the plastic cup with water near Niall and splashed it on his head.

At that Niall gasped loudly and stiffened in alarm, looking around him with his big blue eyes and breathing heavily. He glanced down at his ripped and now wet shirt and then his eyes trailed up the dark, tall figure that was standing in front of him. Ethan smirked at him and threw the empty cup on the ground before kneeling in front of the other man so that they were face to face.

His eyes scanned his face carefully, it was dirty and bruised with small cuts on his cheeks due to the punches Alexander's men hat given him and his eyes were bloodshot, causing their blue colour to stand out. He felt pity for him, he was innocent. But he himself had killed several innocent people, so why did he care now? Was he becoming soft or was it only because the guy standing in front of him knew something about his dead girlfriend. Ethan frowned and averted his eyes away from him parted his lips to speak.