vi

[Edited]

Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]  

I could feel the anxiety building up inside me by each second that passed and he didn't give me an answer. He looked deep in thoughts as his green eyes looked at me intently, studying me. I could tell he was confused as to what to decide and I didn't blame him. Doing what I was asking him to do to Alexander wasn't easy, actually, it was really dangerous. No one had ever dared to steal what was his and those who had tried, were now dead. Alexander was not one to forgive easily. If Harry decided to truly help me escape, he would be putting his life in danger, but something inside me told me that he didn't care about that nor was he scared of Alexander. I remembered the way he acted around him.

“So?” I urged him to speak, looking down at my hand, which was extended towards him. He narrowed his eyes sceptically at me and then looked at my hand before returning his gaze on me.

“We have a deal, Miss Starr.” He said with his deep voice and took my hand, shaking it lightly and confirming our deal. I half smiled at him and let my arm fall on my side, waiting for him to say something.

“I'll be expecting you tomorrow in my studio, but since you don't know where it is I will sent Agnes to bring you. Until then, I want you in your room and not wandering around this house.” He said sternly and I nodded my head, not objecting or saying anything else. I was happy that he had agreed to what I said and I didn't want to do anything that would change his mind and my plans.

“Can I leave now?” I asked him.

“Yes, you may go, Miss Starr.” He said and motioned to the door behind me as he sat down again on his leather chair, looking down at some papers. I kept quiet and exited his office, closing the door behind me carefully and rested my back against it, letting out a sigh of relief. I rubbed my temple with my hand and tried to relax. I still couldn't believe how I managed to survive this. I was surprised with myself. I would never dare talk to Alexander like that, but with Harry, I did.

A small smile appeared on my face as I realised that in  four months from now I would be free again... no Alexander, no Dollhouse and no Harry. I pushed myself off the door and walked in the living room where Agnes was cleaning away the dust with a feather.

“Hello again, Agnes.” I said cheerfully, making her turn her head towards my direction. She smiled at me and then narrowed her eyes.

“Why so happy all of the sudden?” She asked, approaching me with a curious look on her face.

“Let's just say that I have my reasons.”

“So, I guess your meeting with Mr. Styles went good?” She asked again and sat on the couch, patting the spot next to her for me to go and sit.

“Yes, it actually did.” I said, taking a sit. She nodded her head, but her facial expression looked sceptical and unpleased. I couldn't understand why she was behaving that way again. What was her problem?

“Tell me.” I more like demanded and she looked at me with wide brown eyes, shaking her head.

“It's nothing.” She replied, faking a smile.

“Tell me. If it's something that concerns me I think I have the right to know.” I told her, putting my hand on her shoulder to encourage her.

“To be honest, I'm worried.” She confessed and I frowned.

“What for?”

“You know you have to be careful when it comes to Mr. Styles. I have known that boy since he was born, I worked for his parent before and I know how he is. You might find this funny, me warning you about someone who is like a son to me, but I feel like I have to. Harry was once a cheerful young boy always with a smile on his face but then some cruel things happened to him and he changed completely. He lost the ones he loved, he followed a dark path– He can be dangerous sometimes. He is a damaged, coldhearted and broken man now. Nothing from the old Harry is left. That's why I have to tell you to be careful. Don't trust him so easily.” She stopped and looked at me. I was still trying to process everything she just said. I was feeling slightly confused. He didn't seem that bad. I knew that he was still hiding things, he was a mysterious man, but it didn't look like he had bad intentions towards me.