01 | 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

GOOD GIRL

The hallways of Aoba Johsai were too crowded for your liking, especially at such an early hour in the morning. Coming to school always felt like a struggle, and getting up from bed was just the first step in getting yourself through the busy day ahead of you.

You squeeze your way through the busy hallway. As you head to your locker, you spot your friend, Tae, already waiting for you. She turns around and gives you a small wave.

"Good morning, Tae." You say before putting in your combination. You open your locker and grab your Year 3 Mathematics textbook. "Ready for the quiz today?"

"I'm never ready for math, especially in the morning." Tae sighs. "Have you heard about the party that's happening tonight?"

You raise a brow at your friend. "Party?"

"Yeah. It's gonna be hosted by some of the volleyball players, and only the third years are invited." Tae smirks at you, and you chuckle before closing your locker. "I know you're not the party type, but I think it would be cool to go to at least one party before we graduate."

You shrug your shoulders. "I don't know. There's gonna be alcohol and lots of people. It's probably gonna be very loud there too... I just don't see myself going to a high school party right now."

Tae leads you through the crowded hallway and into your homeroom. The classroom was still empty and quiet. You and your friend find your seats in the middle row. "Okay, how about I give you some time to think about it?" Tae asks, her voice sounding a bit hopeful.

"I already know my answer," you lean towards her. "And it's a no for me. Tell me all about it when you go, though."

Tae slumps into her seat. "We might not be invited to another house party in the future."

"Did we get invited? Or did you overhear some of the other third years talking about it?"

Tae clicks her tongue. "You got me there, Y/n. You know what... you're right. Let's just pass on this one."

You give her a pitiful smile before opening your textbook. You look over the equations, trying your best to remember the different formulas before the class starts. The bell goes off, signalling to everyone that homeroom was going to start in five minutes.

"Are we always going to be like this?" Tae asks. "Are we just going to be the two good girls who always come to class early and read all the textbooks from the front cover to the back?"

You turn to her. "We can't afford to waste our time on useless parties and people." A few students enter the classroom. They find their seats before more people walk in.

"Hey third years!" A voice says enthusiastically. You look up to see the volleyball captain of Aoba Johsai walking to the front of the class.

He was twirling a volleyball on his pointer finger, but his gaze was on the students who were already in their seats. "I'm gonna be having a party over at my place tonight! It'll be hosted by your favourite sports team, also known as the volleyball team!"

A few people in the class laugh and hype him up, but you try to keep your attention on your textbook. Tae, on the other hand, is listening to the captain intently.