25 | 𝐌𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃

MY GIRLFRIEND

Iwaizumi opens the door to his condo, letting you in first, and you're welcomed by a jumping cat. "Runa!" you say as you lean down. She jumps into your arms, her big green eyes peering into yours. She licks your cheek before nuzzling her nose under your chin, and you hug her tightly. "You have some explaining to do, sir."

"About what?" Iwaizumi closes the door behind him before hanging his coat next to yours on the rack.

"Wow, you're actually an idiot." You kiss Runa's head before setting her down on the ground. "It's about that rash of yours." You get closer to him and inspect his neck. The red patches looked somewhat dry, and it had spread to the other side of his neck. Reaching out, you poke his skin and he immediately slaps your hand away. "Ow!"

"Did you not hear what Oikawa said to everyone?" Iwaizumi's voice is tinged with annoyance. "It's actually a rash."

"Are you serious?" You let out a breath as you lean your head on his chest. "This whole time... I thought... So, it's actually just a rash?"

"You thought it was something else?"

You look at him with wide eyes before punching his chest, drawing a small wince from him. "You made me believe that it was a fucking hickey!"

"I should've just told you earlier, but I was embarrassed."

"Embarrassed?" You leave him and take a seat in the living room. You help Runa onto the cushion next to you, and she snuggles her head under your hand. "I hope you know that your embarrassment led me to believe that your rash was a hickey from someone else, and then you even told me that I gave it to you."

"I know, I'm sorry," he chuckles as he pops ice out of an ice tray. He places ice cubes into two glasses before pouring cherry soda over them. "It's just that Oikawa has always teased me about my eczema ever since we were kids, and I didn't want you knowing because I thought you would just make fun of me, too," He hands you your glass before taking a seat next to you. "And on top of that, I forgot my ointment, so it spread throughout the morning."

You take a sip from the glass, letting the sweet flavour coat your taste buds. "But you said yes when I asked if I gave it to you."

"I was embarrassed, so I let you believe that it was a hickey from you." he says before taking a small sip, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. His hand finds his neck once again, and he gently touches the red blotches.

You groan in annoyance as an evil smirk appears on his face. "Iwa, you can't just do that to me!" You playfully push his chest. "I thought that... maybe Trinity and you... you know―"

"Hooked up?" Iwaizumi shakes his head. "Never."

You don't stop the smile that appears on your face. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"I'm sorry!"

"You're lucky I didn't attack Trinity today!"

"You really think I would do that to you?" Iwaizumi grabs your hands and pulls you closer. "Trinity was actually the person who pointed out my rash to me at the party. Something must've triggered a reaction, and she told me to go home but I continued drinking instead."

You blink at him, finding it hard to believe his words. "Are you lying to me again?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"