13 | 𝐎𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐖𝐀'𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌

OIKAWA'S CHARM

There was a small drop of hope that made you want to think that this room wasn't actually his. Maybe it's deja vu, you told yourself, but the sheets on Oikawa's bed were the same as you remembered, and the entire room felt familiar, like you were actually in here before, but just for different circumstances.

You look around and fully take in his room, noticing more details that hadn't grabbed your attention the first time. There were volleyball trophies displayed on a shelf, and a desk covered in notebooks and different coloured pens. There was a closet half open with clothes spilling out of it, and even with the small chaos of his room, it still felt big and welcoming, almost like this room truly belonged to him.

"Are you okay?" Oikawa asked before opening his laptop and grabbing a notebook from his desk. "You look overwhelmed already and we haven't even started."

You watch him plop on top of his bed―right on the spot where you had Iwaizumi for the first time, making your face heat up―and he pats a spot next to him. You walk over slowly, but you don't sit. "If i'm going to be honest, I've been in here before."

Oikawa's brow arches. "Oh really?"

"Yeah." You instantly regret telling him, but it was already too late. He was intrigued to hear your story.

"Why were you in here?"

"The music and the people... it was all too loud at some point that I came in here to take a break from the party."

"Hm, I see." Oikawa pats the spot next to him again and you sit beside him. "Sorry if my room is too messy."

"No need to be sorry." You reassure him. "I actually like it. It's very... you."

I wonder what Iwaizumi's room looks like, you thought while you watched Oikawa pull up empty graphs onto his screen. Your first date with Iwaizumi was at his place, but he didn't care to show you around as much, having you only stay in his living room and explore the balcony. Maybe there's a reason why he didn't care to show me... Maybe he's hiding something from me?

"Where are your parents?" You fill in the silence and watch Oikawa start the first calculation.

"It's kinda complicated." He laughs lightly. The subject of family was never an easy topic for him. "My mother and I live here and my dad visits every once in a while. He stays for holidays, but once they're done, he's out the door again until the next."

You nod your head, letting him know that you were listening. "Do you have siblings?" You ask as he hands you his pencil and you add onto his work.

"Two older sisters," Oikawa leans his face closer into his screen to see if he graphed the points correctly. He pushes his glasses higher up on the bridge of his nose. "They both graduated high school by the time I started at Seijoh. Even though they aren't here most of the time, I still miss them. I mean, I grew up with them," he smiles subtly at the memories. "They taught me almost everything I know since my parents were always too busy for me."

"Do they visit during the holidays, too?"

"Not recently," He sighs. "They kinda outgrown having family celebrations at home," he turns to give you a side smile, his pink lips looking more noticeable than normal. "That's why I throw parties here all the time."