24 | 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄

FORGIVE ME

Tae waits for you behind your locker door. You close it, not knowing that she was standing there, and give her a small smile. "Good morning."

"I'm mad at you," Tae says, her jaw clenching. "And I hope you know why."

She leaves your side and starts walking towards your class. You follow her, weaving through the crowd and catching up to her. "Listen, I'm sorry I left you out of the blue like that. I promise it won't happen next time."

Tae twirls in front of the classroom door, stopping you in your tracks, and you almost bump into her. She crosses her arms. "If there is a next time," she steps closer to you, and you catch her nostrils flare as she takes a deep breath. "And you didn't just leave me last night, but you promised to come back the next morning and you decided not to."

You look down at your feet. "I'm really sorry. Let me make it up to you." Even though Iwaizumi needed your help, you knew that you were at fault. It all just happened so quickly.

Tae rolls her eyes before entering the class, and you follow her to your seats in the middle row. "Do I even wanna know what you two did after you saved his ass?" When you don't respond, knowing better than to say anything, she rolls her eyes once more. "Of course."

"What I did at his place is not important," You try to explain. "I know I hurt you. Please, let me make it up to you somehow."

"Well, we ain't having another sleepover," Tae gives you side-eye before returning into her bag, retrieving her supplies. "You'd probably end up sleeping at someone else's place."

You lean over and place a hand over her desk. She looks up, her jaw still hard, and her eyes lock with yours. "I'm sorry, Tae. Please, forgive me?"

She squints her eyes, analyzing the apologetic look on your face. "You said you'd make it up to me?"

"I promise. I would do anything."

"Anything?"

"Anything," you bite the inside of your cheek, not fully knowing what Tae's intentions were. "Anything, except a sleepover, on your terms."

"Anything, except a sleepover," Tae repeats your words as she contemplates the offer. She rests her chin in her hand. "I hope you remember this day."

"I will."

A small smile grows on Tae's lips. "Fine. I'll come back to you when I think of something."

Gleefully, you jump up from your seat and pull her into a tight hug, squeezing the breath out of her lungs. "Thank you, thank you!"

"Okay," she struggles to say, tapping your arm to release her. "You can let go of me now."

You go back into your chair and catch her gaze before you both break out into a small fit of laughter. Even with Tae's forgiveness, you didn't want to let yourself completely relax just yet; Tae had her ways, and if you said that you were willing to do anything to make up for your disappearance, then there was no doubt that she would come up with something punishing.

You both watch a group of students enter the class. The students take their seats, their voices low in conversation. You watch the next group of students come in and the blonde girl walks through, a smirk playing on her lips and a sparkle in her eye.

"Hey, Trinity!" A student greets her. Trinity waves to the student before walking over to his desk and leaning down to talk to him. He whispers something to her, making her chuckle as a small blush blooms on her cheeks.

It was hard for you to look away―the same going for the rest of the class. She had already befriended everyone since the party, and the only people left in the class who haven't officially met her were you and Tae.

Trinity continues her way to the back of the class, passing your desk in the process. You turn around briefly and watch her take her seat next to Iwaizumi's empty desk.

You start to think about Iwaizumi just as he walks through the door with Oikawa. They had their school bags hanging off their shoulders and a textbook in their hands. Oikawa gives you and Tae a quick nod and smile before continuing down the aisle.

You lean on your desk and watch Iwaizumi, waiting for him to acknowledge you, but he doesn't. Instead, he keeps his gaze on the back of the classroom, and he squeezes your shoulder lightly as he makes his way.

The two boys take their seats next to Trinity. You turn once again to find Trinity giving him a side hug, a flirty smirk playing on her face as she engages in another giggly conversation with Iwaizumi. You shake your head. "This is messed up."

"You're staring again," Tae pokes your arm. "The teacher is here now."

You face the board, trying to block out the voices of the three idiots behind you. Had he already forgotten everything we did together? As the teacher leads you through a series of polynomials―all of which you find useless―you hear Oikawa and Trinity giggling loudly. Iwaizumi quickly shushes them, and he even kicks Oikawa's shin under his desk, drawing a loud wince from him.

The teacher drops his piece of chalk. "Why are the three of you always causing a ruckus in my class?" Iwaizumi quickly apologizes while Oikawa and Trinity hide the smiles on their faces, but the teacher waves him off. "One of you, care to explain?"

Everyone looks back at the three, and as much as you didn't want to pay them your attention, you eventually turn around and find the reddest blush on Iwaizumi's face. Is he embarrassed?

Trinity crosses her arms, shrinking into her seat while Oikawa clears his throat. He reaches over and points to the red mark on Iwaizumi's neck. "See this?" He touches it briefly, and Iwaizumi slaps his hand away. "I was just teasing him about his rash."

His rash? You look at him closely, noting that the redness had spread across, covering almost half of his neck. Iwaizumi pulls his collar higher, covering the red marks, though his cheeks still glowed brightly.

"Yup," Trinity giggles, her voice making you raise a brow. "That's one hell of a rash if you ask me." Iwaizumi nudges her side, and the grin on her face immediately drops.

The teacher pushes his glasses higher up on his nose. "No more talking, please. Unless you want me to rearrange your seats again―" The entire class groans, and the teacher smiles wickedly. "Fine, then no more talking unless you need to ask me something."

The teacher continues the math lesson. You expect to hear another laugh or whisper from behind you, but the class remains silent.

You find yourself turning around yet again, and you find Iwaizumi's eyes glued to the board. He was covering the side of his neck that had the red rashes with his hand. He catches your gaze and flashes you a small smile.

You return the gesture, feeling somewhat sorry for him. If the rash had actually been a rash, then Oikawa had just embarrassed him in front of the entire class, you thought, and seeing that they weren't fooling around anymore meant―

"Y/n," The teacher calls your name. You find the teacher's eyes on you, and you feel yourself shrink in your seat as you're put in the spotlight. "Is there something that's distracting you from solving this trinomial?"

You shake your head, and the teacher eyes you one last time before resuming his lesson. You feel a cold sweat break out on your palms. Understanding Iwaizumi's embarrassment, you keep your eyes forward and your attention on the board for the rest of the class.