26 | 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇

REMATCH

"Do you think she knows?" You ask Iwaizumi from the dining table. Runa stares at you from across the table, her pupils restricting to form two black slits. "Her eyes look deadly."

Iwaizumi turns from the stove to watch Runa. He tilts his head. "Probably," he responds before mixing the noodles once more and grabbing two plates. "She's gotten used to your company. Take it as a good sign."

You blink at Runa, but her green eyes don't falter. Iwaizumi brings your plate to the table first, and you thank him before he leaves to grab Runa's bowls. He opens a can of wet food and plops it into a bowl before pouring water into the other. You watch her ears twitch when he returns to the table and sets her bowls down in front of her.

"Eat up, princess," Iwaizumi pets her back, breaking her from her trance as she digs her nose into her bowl. He grabs his plate and a pitcher of water and joins you two at the table. "You're waiting for me?"

"Of course. This actually looks quite impressive." The noodles are a warm golden brown, and smelled of fried onions and garlic. There are chopped carrots, cabbage, and chicken, along with snap peas. A lemon wedge sits on the edge of the plate, and you squeeze some of the juice over the dish. "Who taught you how to cook this?"

"My mother," Iwaizumi says his thanks before twirling his fork in the noodles. "It's called pancit. It's actually a Filipino dish."

You take a mouthful, savouring the flavour of the soy sauce and noodles. "Wow, this is actually really good."

"I'm glad you like it," Iwaizumi sets his fork down, watching you take another mouthful. "Now, you also have some explaining to do."

You freeze mid bite. You find two pairs of green eyes glaring at you, both Iwaizumi and Runa waiting for you to speak. "You want me to explain what exactly?"

"Your shady attitude towards Trinity," Iwaizumi leans forward and takes the fork out of your hand. You try to snatch it from him, but he places it next to his on the table. "Why don't you like her?"

You clear your throat. "Why do you pretend like you don't see me during class?" You quickly snatch your fork and scoop up another bite. "That's the real question."

"So, you're still jealous―"

"I'm not jealous."

"You're jealous of someone you've never talked to before."

You pause, not knowing how to respond. You take a sip from your glass before twirling another mouthful of noodles around your fork. "I guess I'm clingy. I don't like seeing her next to you."

Iwaizumi smiles smugly. "I see."

"Don't feel too special," You shoot him a look. "It's hard to explain. I guess I don't like how easy it was for you to become friends with her. There was a point where I thought you had forgotten about me completely. You would pass by my desk and not pay any attention to me in class, and hearing you guys having a fun time in the back did make me jealous," you roll your eyes at the word, and Iwaizumi's smile widens. "It felt like every time you saw her, you would forget everything we did together. I guess I let myself become paranoid."

Iwaizumi scratches his head. "I never thought this day would come," he fumbles with his fingers. "The day a girl would like me back. It's always been Oikawa, ever since our childhood. When I met you, and finally got to spend time with you, I thought wow, how did I become so lucky? I like you, like, a lot," he chews his bottom lip, and you notice his leg starting to bounce underneath the table. "I could never forget the things we did together. I remember everything. Everything.