31 | 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐎?

AND WHO?

The smell of chocolate leads Mao out of her bedroom with Runa trailing close behind her. She finds a plate of cookies on the kitchen counter. "You two made cookies?"

"Yeah," you say, focusing on the race ahead of you. Iwaizumi throws a red shell at your kart, making you tumble as he passes you. "Iwa!" You watch his kart zoom past the finish line, claiming first place.

He snorts. "Don't underestimate me."

"Whatever," You let Iwaizumi enjoy his little victory. "I'm gonna win the next one."

He slides over to you and holds his phone high in the air. "Babe, look here," you sigh when you see his camera open, ready to take another picture. "Smile or do something," he wraps his arm around you, and you naturally lean your head against his shoulder, letting him bring you even closer into his side. He takes multiple photos, each of them with different facial expressions.

"Lemme see," he scrolls through the photos, and you laugh when you see Iwaizumi scrunching his face next to yours. "You look so cute here!"

"No, I look ugly." he mutters. "I'm gonna delete that one."

"You're not," you reach for his phone, and he jumps up from the couch, moving away from you. "Hey, come back here!" You follow him around the living room, trying to grab his phone that he was holding above his head. Why does he have to be so tall?

Iwaizumi grins when he sees you trying to reach his height. "How does it feel to be that short?"

You grunt before wrapping your arms around his waist, and he giggles when you try to push him―even with all of your strength, he doesn't move an inch.

Mao, who was busy nibbling on a cookie, watches you and her son from her spot in the kitchen. Runa was also watching intently, wondering why you were trying to tackle someone who was twice your size.

"Don't go hurting yourself now," Mao says, brushing the crumbs off of her hands. "You guys are an absolute gem."

You release Iwaizumi, both of you panting from your little chase around the living room. "Actually, y/n has something she wants to talk to you about," Iwaizumi says, and you shoot daggers at him with your eyes. "She said it's important."

"Is that so?" Mao makes her way to the living room. "What is it, darling?"

Europe, Iwaizumi mouths, and you smack the back of his head.

"Uh," you feel yourself shrink under Mao's presence. Everything you planned to discuss with her had flown out of your head, and the evil grin on Iwaizumi's face didn't help the case. You swallow. "I just wanted to say that you have an amazing son."

Mao laughs. "Do I?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you," Mao says before gently touching Iwaizumi's chin, angling his head upwards to expose his neck. "Are you sure you've been putting on your cream?"

"Yes!" Iwaizumi groans before pushing her hand away. Mao laughs, and you can't help but admire her. Her easy and lighthearted nature was evident in her smile and voice, and she didn't seem to hold any boundaries between herself and her son. She seemed like a good mother, not just for Iwaizumi, but for Runa and yourself.