20 | 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

SLEEPOVER

Even at Tae's house, you keep a close eye on everyone's Instagram stories. Everyone was partying the night away at Oikawa's house, and it wasn't surprising when your timeline was flooded with pictures of people with Trinity, most of them either drinking, smoking, or dancing on tabletops. You try to find traces of Iwaizumi in the photos and video clips, but you come up with nothing.

"When are you gonna get off of that phone of yours?" Tae says, leaning over to your side of the couch and grabbing your phone out of your hands. "I invite you over to hang out with me but you'd rather stalk our classmates?"

You try to take your phone back but Tae moves arm away, her thumb scrolling through the repetitive pictures of people posing with Trinity. "I just wanted to see if Iwa has been with Trinity or not."

"Well, it looks like he hasn't," Tae tosses your phone back to you. "Stop worrying about him, alright? Tonight is about us, not him or Trinity or Oikawa or anyone else."

"You're right, I'm sorry." You turn off your phone and put it away, already tempted to refresh your timeline to see if anyone had posted something new. "So, what do we do now?"

Tae gets up from her spot and goes to a nearby shelf, eyeing the different coloured bottles of nail polish before grabbing two. "We paint our nails! I get to paint yours first so you can't touch that damn phone of yours."

You scoff as she rejoins you on the sofa. "Whatever. What colours did you pick?"

"I'll paint your nails red, and you can paint mine with this coral colour," Tae holds up the bottles for you to see. She sets down the orange bottle and grabs your hand, spreading your fingers out on her lap to make her job easier. "You like red, right?"

We can have a safe word if you'd like, Iwaizumi's words replay in your head. How about the word red?

"Red is perfect," You reply, bringing a smile to Tae's face. She rotates the bottle in her hands before twisting it open. She starts painting small strokes on your nails, fully focused on avoiding your skin.

Once she is done with your first hand, she motions for you to put your other on her lap. "Can I ask you something weird? From one friend to another?"

"Of course," You say as you check your red nails. "What is it?"

"It's kinda personal."

"I'm down to talk about anything."

"Um," Tae chuckles awkwardly, keeping her eyes on your hand. "What was it like?"

"It..." You see her tense up, and she accidentally applies some of the red paint onto your cuticle. "You mean sex?"

She lifts the small brush, giving her some time to still her hand. "Yeah."

You give her a small grin. "It's nice. I mean, the first time around isn't the best, but once you find out what you like, things get better."

Tae dips the brush into the bottle before going back to your hand. "You didn't like your first time?"

"It wasn't the best," You say, remembering the night you were with Iwaizumi for the first time. It had been at Oikawa's house―in Oikawa's room and on his own bed―and the whole thing was quite unexpected. Even though Iwaizumi had been drunk the entire time, you still thoroughly enjoyed it.