[ iii ] 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒

[ iii ] WHEN IN PARIS

"Oh my God," you manage to mumble through a burp

"Oh my God," you manage to mumble through a burp. It's gotten hard for you and Iwaizumi to breathe, especially after feasting on a bunch of sweets and coffee. "We definitely have to go back there for lunch."

Iwaizumi turns to look over his shoulder, watching you follow him down the hallway. "Of course," he replies as he fixes your bag over his shoulder.

You insisted on helping him carry your bags or at least roll your own luggage, but he made sure that the only thing you were carrying to the hotel room was your bottle of Mao and Haj. And besides, he knows that you're still tired from your flight.

When he finds his door, he searches his pockets for the key. "We're finally here."

"How did you manage to get a room on the top floor?" You ask as you admire the different paintings on the walls. Just from the hallway alone, you have a sense that the luxury of Café de Flore was no match to this hotel.

Slowly, he unlocks the door with a click and pushes it open. "When I first came here, the receptionist asked me if I was staying here alone or if I was with someone. Then I mentioned that you would be coming, and that's when she recommended that I book one of the suites on the top floor." He gestures with his hand, beckoning for you to go first. "Apparently, it's great for couples."

"Hm, I wonder why," you say as you walk into the room. Iwaizumi steps inside after, turns on the light, and waits for you to take it all in. He's already spent a night here alone, since he wanted to be settled in for your arrival, but the best part was seeing the place for the first time. And, he's pleased to see you reacting all the same.

Your jaw drops when you find a crystal chandelier, similar to the one you saw at the café, hanging over the living room with golden light. There's white couches and a loveseat surrounding a carved glass coffee table, and lined against one of the cream walls is a glass cabinet, displaying different plates, dishes, bottles, cutlery, and cups.

"Whoa," you nearly gasp as you walk farther inside. Iwaizumi stays near the door, not wanting to break the trance that you've fallen into. He watches you feel the couch with a hand while you eye the glass cabinet, and when you turn, you find even more glass, enough to replace an entire wall. It's a window displaying the entire city, and in the distance, you spot a shining tower amidst the night sky. "Is that..."

"The Eiffel Tower?" Iwaizumi follows your gaze, past the balcony and to the view of the lit-up structure. It stands tall against the surrounding buildings, with curves leading up to a single point in the sky. "Yes, it is."

Almost like you've been hypnotized, you walk across the room and straight for the glass doors. The gold handles turn smoothly under your hands, and when you push the doors open, a gust of wind rushes past. "Wow," you whisper, completely captivated by the view of the city.

It reminds you of the view from Iwaizumi's condo. The sunset always poured into his living room, bathing the space with orange light, but this view is different — this view is absolutely magical, like none other.