07 | 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈𝐍 [𝟐]

NIGHT IN [2]

A cool breeze welcomes you when you walk into his living room. The room was clean and minimal, with white walls and grey couches to match the curtains that stretched from the ceiling to the floor. Some of the curtains were up, displaying the view beyond while the light from the sunset poured into the living room, washing the floor with its orange light.

The kitchen was right next to the front door. Though small, it had granite counters and an island with cushioned stools lined up along the edge. The slight scent of fried tofu and chocolate wafted through the air, and the thought of Iwaizumi cooking alone in a kitchen like this made you smile to yourself.

"So," Iwaizumi locks the door behind himself. He grabs your jacket from behind you, and you help him slide it off your shoulders. "What do you think?"

"It's nice. It's actually really nice." You walk further into the living room. There is a long couch facing a flat screen which was accompanied with a few gaming consoles and remotes. There was also an LED light strip that lined the living room walls but they were turned off. He probably enjoys the sunset at this time of day instead, you thought, and the view from outside draws you to the balcony door.

You slide it open and step onto the balcony, overlooking the view as the sun shines over the rest of the neighbouring buildings. The windows reflected the light perfectly, as well as the roofs of the cars that passed by.

Iwaizumi joins you on the balcony. He leans on the railing and looks down at some people walking below. "I was worried that you still wanted to go outside somewhere else, but it looks like you enjoy the view."

"No no, this is perfect." You turn to him, a small smile playing on your lips. "You have a nice home."

"Thanks." Iwaizumi returns your smile. "My parents are always out of the city for work, so it's usually just me and my friends who stay here."

"Oh. That explains all the video game stuff."

"And the LED lights." Iwaizumi turns around and leans back on the railing with his elbows. He looks down at his feet, suddenly finding the task of looking you in your eyes a bit difficult.

He thought that your eyes looked beautiful—maybe even a little bit majestic—with the way the sunlight shone through your irises, making them illuminate brighter than they were before. I should compliment her, he thought to himself, but his nerves got the best of him.

"Are your parents strict about having people over?" You tuck a strand of hair behind your ear when a cool breeze rushes by.

"Nope. As long as I keep it clean and maintain everything, then I'm good. I've been learning to cook my own meals, too."

"That's good." You interlace your fingers with Iwaizumi's and lead him back into the living room. "May I sit?" You point to the long couch facing the flat screen.

"Of course." He responds, and he suddenly misses your warmth when you release his hand and plop down onto the couch. "Are you hungry? I made sure to fry up some tofu for you, and I also have dessert."

You lean back along the arm rest and cross your legs. "How thoughtful of you."

Iwaizumi rubs the back of his neck and holds onto it awkwardly, letting his elbow dangle next to his face. "Yeah, it's just I don't really know what you like to eat so I made something I like to eat with the hopes that you would like it, and if you don't wanna eat tofu that's completely fine, because I also have some desserts and-"

"Relax!" You laugh when you see him stiffen up. "Just come here. Sit next to me."

Iwaizumi takes a breath and joins you on the couch. He leans back slowly, and you chuckle when you see his shoulders stiffen once again.