12 | 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘

NOT TODAY

Seeing you after school was the one thing that Iwaizumi was looking forward to. Whenever he felt nervous or excited, his leg would start to uncontrollably bounce from his nerves. Even though it was an anxious habit that you thought was cute, Oikawa was on the opposite side of the spectrum.

"Can you stop that?" Oikawa whispered to his friend, keeping his eyes on the board ahead of them. "What are you so anxious about?"

Iwaizumi mentally checks himself and stops moving his leg. It isn't long until he starts tapping his finger quickly against his desk. "It's none of your business."

"Oh? Is that so?" He leans over, closing the already short distance between their bodies. "Does it have to do with your beloved y/n?"

"Maybe it does." Iwaizumi harshly whispers. "Now can you shut the fuck up before I push you off your goddamn seat again? I'm trying to pay attention."

Oikawa smiles wickedly before leaning back into his chair, relishing in his friend's short temper. "Don't tell me you were going to bring her into the teacher's lounge to sneak in a small sess―"

Iwaizumi shoots his friend a threatening look, warning him not to speak further, but when he sees his friend already leaning back closer to him, he gives up and turns back to the board, bracing himself for whatever Oikawa has to say.

"I guess we both need her, huh?" He asks before subtly nudging Iwaizumi's side. "I mean, I need her for the project. I don't know what you need her for." A small giggle escapes his lips. "Oh wait, I do know! You want to fuck her―"

Before Iwaizumi could take a breath in an attempt to control his anger, he had already sent Oikawa flying off his seat. He hit the floor with a loud thud, his chair shortly falling after him and joining him on the ground. "Ow! What the fuck Iwa-chan!"

"What is going on back there?" The teacher says in annoyance. "It's the last class of the day, can we all just pay attention? Hey, and you," he points to Oikawa who is still sulking on the floor. "Why are you on the ground?"

Oikawa stumbles up from the floor and brushes the dust off of his uniform. "Sorry sir, I was leaning on my chair and I guess I fell."

The teacher crosses his arms before looking at Iwaizumi. "You have something to do with this?"

"No sir," Iwaizumi struggles to speak. He brings a hand up to his face to shield the grin on his face, the scene of Oikawa falling still replaying in his head. "He just fell on his own."

"Hm―" The teacher is cut off by the last bell of the day. All the students had already packed their belongings before the teacher could leave them with a final note.

"Saved by the bell!" Oikawa says excitedly before swinging his bag over his shoulder. "Ready for practice?"

Iwaizumi doesn't wait for his friend and heads straight for the exit. "I'll see you in a few, I promised y/n that I would see her first."

"Na uh uh, not on my watch!" Oikawa tugs on Iwaizumi's vest before grabbing his shoulders and turning him around. "As captain, you have a special obligation to follow my rules."

Iwaizumi blinks. "I also have a special obligation to beat the shit outta you whenever you piss me off."

His angered voice makes Oikawa laugh, the sound booming throughout the hallway. A few girls admired the scene of him from afar while Iwaizumi's ears were left with a high pitched ringing. "Sorry, but not today."