14 | 𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐓

HOT POT

Unexplainable emotions swarmed Iwaizumi's mind, distracting him from the fact that you were sitting next to him in the passenger's seat. He lowers the music playing on the radio, and once you've buckled in, he drives off down the road and into the night.

Sensing his tenseness, you turn to him and poke his arm. "Hey, thanks for getting me."

Iwaizumi doesn't reply, keeping his eyes focused on the road and his hands on the steering wheel. His face was emotionless, though his mind was running wild with different scenarios of you and Oikawa. As much as he wants to ask you about your time with his friend, he didn't want to pry too much, and simply asking would only fire him up even more. Instead, he remains silent.

"Are you okay?" You ask, but you are left with no response again. "Iwa, I just wanna say that I don't appreciate the way you spoke to me on the phone. It was a little too aggressive, and the fact that you called Oikawa's phone just to reach me seemed over the line."

"Sorry," Iwaizumi finally replies. He looks over at you briefly before looking back on the road. He places his right hand on your leg and steers the wheel with his left. "I'm Just stressed with everything going on. I shouldn't have taken it out on you like that."

You place your hand over his, taking in the warmth from his skin. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I don't want to talk about it and ruin our night." He squeezes your thigh before sliding his hand a little higher. "Let's have a fun night."

"Okay." You say as you watch the cars pass by. Iwaizumi gently presses on the brake as you approach a red light, bringing you to a short stop. "Where are you taking me?"

While playing video games and staying home was one of his 'go tos', Iwaizumi wanted to impress you. "I'm actually taking you out this time. Don't worry, I'm not bringing you home with me tonight," He turns to you and moves his hand down to drum his fingers along your knee. "I just feel like everything between us has just been physical, you know?"

You nod your head. "I think we can both agree to that." Though you found nothing wrong with being physical, you appreciated coming to terms with Iwaizumi.

"I don't wanna sound cheesy or anything, but I just wanna get to know you," Iwaizumi shrugs his shoulders, hoping he didn't sound odd. "Without the physical stuff."

"Uh huh."

"I mean, I enjoy the physical stuff, like, really enjoy," Iwaizumi says before pressing on the gas. "I just wanna treat you right since I really like you, and I'm gonna stop talking now so I don't say any more stupid stuff."

You laugh at his response, the sound of you bringing a smile to his face. "Are you getting a bit anxious over there?"

"Maybe just a little."

"I can tell."

The sound of your voice had become Iwaizumi's greatest comfort. If he had the ability to immortalize anything, it would be the sound of your quiet laughs, or the way your dimples indented your cheeks whenever you smiled. His mind wandered over to the small image of your eyes the first time you went over to his place, the sunlight hitting your irises at just the right angle that made them shine. It was the little things that Iwaizumi held onto whenever you weren't with him. He wanted to make more memories with you so he had more to have; more to remember whenever you weren't there with him.