32 | 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒

MAKING FRIENDS

Getting ready for the day was a complete challenge in itself. When Iwaizumi asked to come over, you didn't hesitate to let him stop by, and once he arrived, he did his best to cheer you up.

"You're gonna be making a new friend today," he lifted your chin, making you look in his eyes before squishing your face between his palms. "Try not to be so moody, okay?"

Iwaizumi was kind enough to wait for you to get ready―he even helped pick your outfit, making you wear an oversized sweater and flared jeans. When you finished touching up your makeup, he showered you with compliments, to which you rolled your eyes at every single one of them.

Now, you sit in his car, staring at the entrance to the mall as Iwaizumi keeps you company.

"You want me to go in with you?" Iwaizumi offers, but you shake your head. "You sure?"

"Yeah. They'll be mad if they see you," you say before quickly pecking his cheek and opening the passenger's door.

You step out and Iwaizumi leans over the middle compartment. "Hey," you turn and find a big smile on his face. "I'm proud of you."

"You better be."

He chuckles lightly. "Have fun. And call me when you're done, I'll come and pick you up."

You give him one last wave, and he drives off, leaving you in front of the entrance. Taking a deep breath, you follow a group of people into the crowded mall, navigating your way towards the escalators that lead down to the food court.

The sound of chatter fills the mall. It feels odd walking around a crowded area all on your own, but you find yourself hoping that it would last. Spending time with Trinity had been the last thing you ever wanted to do, but with Tae, you knew that there was no way out of it. You owed her―you remind yourself that you were here for Tae, not for Trinity.

Each step towards the food court feels like torture. You spot Tae in a crowd, and beside her a crown of blonde hair, sticking out like a sore thumb. You square your shoulders as you make your way to them, taking in your final moments of peace.

Tae turns around, her eyes searching for you in the crowd. Trinity points to you, and Tae starts waving when she sees you approaching. "Y/n!"

You hold your finger up to your lip, shushing her as Trinity welcomes you with a grin. You give her a small wave, knowing that Iwaizumi would appreciate your effort.

"Alright, where are we going first?" Tae says, linking an arm through yours and the other through Trinity's. You silently thank her in your mind for creating a barrier with her body. "Trinity, anywhere you wanna go first?"

Trinity leans forward to see if you had any suggestions, but you stay quiet and keep your eyes forward. "Y/n?"

"Hm?" you turn to face her on the other side of Tae.

"Is there a store that you'd suggest?"

You expect to see something malicious in Trinity's eyes, but everything about her seems genuine. "I don't really like shopping that much―"

"Oh!" Tae cuts you off, and you silently thank her in your head once again. "There's this shop that we go to all the time. They sell candles and body soaps and lotions and all that good stuff," Tae pivots, leading you and Trinity down another crowded section of the mall. "I love their candles the most."