Chapter 6

Sammy

Calvin was silent until we reached the plane. He made me sit on the inside and shoved a folder into my hands before plopping down beside me.

"I've never met anyone who did not open the god damn file folder!" He cussed under his breath. "How stupid are you?" He growled.

"I'm not stupid...I just didn't want to look." I folded my arms over my chest. "Whats so important about it anyways, Calvin?"

"Listen, when I say alpha what do you think of?" He whisper screamed, not answering my question.

"The leader, duh." I stated the obvious.

"That's a part of it; they are the strongest members of werewolf packs. The largest when shifted. The quickest to anger, with a proclivity to dominate and hunt. And your mate is notorious for his dominant behavior." He spoke seriously. "Shit!" He cussed. "You seriously didn't read anything?!"

"No. Not really." I shrugged. "Why is it so important?" I asked again.

"You're so screwed!" He put his hand on his face. "That folder literally had everything you needed to know for when you were gonna join your mate. You know you-," Calvin continued to scold me, but my mind focused on a particular word he said.

Mate.

"What was a mate?" I thought. "Was it a pair?"

As my mind wondered, I felt a sharp thump on my head. I jerked to the side to see Calvin's serious face.

"You are the stupidest human ever." He gritted.

I pursed my lips and held my arms together. The flight was gonna be a long one.

I didn't know how long Calvin and I sat in silence, but it was after a while that Calvin finally spoke up,

"Don't tell them you didn't read the folder." He turned to face me fully.

"Why not?" I asked innocently.

"Cause they may take it the wrong way you idiot! This is not just some random Alpha your going to mate ya know!" He jerked his head back in annoyance.

"Isn't a random alpha?" I repeated as I thought. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Do you not watch the news or something?" His mouth gapped.

"Sometimes? Why? What's so special about this Nicholas guy?" I deadpanned.

Calvin just stared at me for a moment before turning away and giving me the silent treatment again.

In anger, I hit him in the head.

"Hey!" He yowled. "You son of a-!" He started to shout, but caught himself.

"Passengers, this is your captain speaking." The pilot spoke over the PA system, if you look down out of the windows you will see that we are entering Portland airport. Please fasten your seatbelts."

I felt my heart jump and bang against my bones.

"Seatbelt." I heard Calvin's deep voice, "Put on your seatbelt," he ordered.

My hands moved in their own, "That was too fucking fast." I felt beats of sweat forming in my forehead as I clicked the seatbelt.

"More like not fucking fast enough." Calvin cursed as he fastened his seat belt.

I felt my heart squeeze itself as we landed on the runway. It didn't take long for everyone to file off of the plane...the next moments were surreal. Baggage claim, security, all of it, mere flashes as my heart beat in my head. It did not help that Calvin kept me at his side the entire time, gripping my arm tightly.