Chapter 79

Samuel

I had been looking for Neil with Ramsey when I was taken...and we had never found him. I froze in place and whined out loud. I wanted to run but I couldn't leave without Neil...or at least knowing where he was.

I smelt the air.

Something inside told me too...like an instinct from deep within.

There were faint smells, but as I pictured Neil in my mind one smell came to my nose.

Leave him! Winter called. We need to run away!

"We can't just leave him!" I chided Winter. "He's our friend...kinda." I scratched my head as I stood about five feet from the old house I had been kept in. It had clearly been abandoned. Winter had been nice to Neil, but he seemed more on edge than usual. I mean I would be too if I was him.

RUN AWAY. Winter begged.

I just rolled my eyes at him and looked around for a minute. There was nothing around me, just the house and trees and grass. I also saw a car, but I was too terrified to drive it. My legs shook, my heart raced, but my mind was focused on my friend.

"We have to go back..." I whined. "He's got to be here."

AND JUST HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?! Winter panicked, his whole focus on the "get away" part of my small plan.

"I-Well-I just know it!" I rebuffed his shouting and began to go back to the house.

The door still hung open a bit from me pushing through it, through the crack I peaked in and I heard the angry voice of Ralph. They were too wrapped up in themselves to see me through the door glass.

"What in your right mind told you that this would be okay!?" He shouted. "Kidnapping your paired son from his werewolf partner is the absolute dumbest bullshit you've ever pulled Mary!" He continued. "If my wife wasn't here and didn't want to stay with you I would've taken her away from you long ago!"

"Well you didn't! Did ya Ralph?!" My mother yelled back. "He shouldn't have been paired to begin with! He got put with that faggot doctor who loves all things pairing and then this!"

"Shut your dumb bitch mouth!" Ralph shouted as she tried to stomp away. "You are a doctor! It's in his genes ! His dna! That's the point of those tests! They find the pairings!"

"I know!" She yelled back, their voices dilapidated as they walked.

I took the chance and pushed the door open a bit. It creaked from age and by all the luck of God they were too busy arguing to notice. I only pushed it open enough to fit my skinny body through and then darted into the living room.

As my eyes rolled around, there wasn't anywhere he could've been. There was only an old sofa and broken coffee table. Some bookcases were built into the wall but there wasn't a book in them...so they couldn't be a secret entrance to anywhere.

"You cannot separate them!" I heard Ralph's voice  as I crept through the living room and poked my head around the corner. There was an empty room and a door way into the kitchen.

"I can and I will! They aren't even fully paired yet!" She yelled.

"SAYS WHO?!?" Ralph brought up. "YOU DON'T KNOW! AND FROM WHAT JENNY AND I SAW, THEY WERE PRETTY PAIRED UP!"

"I DONT WANNA HEAR YOU ANYMORE!" She cried.

I heard her footsteps stomping in my direction so I scurried back the way I came. I stopped in front of the stairs, realizing another empty room faced me.

I looked at the cellar door.

BITCH DON'T YOU DARE! Winter forbade me from acting on my idea to just hide in the cellar again, after all it was easy to escape before. JUST CAUSE IT EAS EASY TO ESCAPE ONCE DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL BE AGAIN! NOW GO UP!