Chapter 34

Samuel

I awoke suddenly. I was still on the chair from before, but Eddie and Lula were gone. The TV was off, the lights were off, the room was clean, and a blanket sat on top of me. I yawned and stretched my body, my hazy eyes adjusted to the dim light coming from the rising sun. I crawled off of the chair, pulling the blanket with me, as I climbed the stairs carefully on a sore ankle.

My mind was hazy, but I managed to recall where Nicholas had said "our room" was. I shuffled over and saw the door slightly ajar, so I pushed on it with my head. When the old ass door creaked open, I cringed, it sounded like nails on a chalk board.

Nicholas was deeply sleeping on the bed, half of his body was covered while the other appeared bare to the world. I shuffled over closer to the bed and eyed him...he was turned on his side, his hand half covering his face. I leaned in a little closer and he started to moan a bit, rolling over in the process.

His entire upper body was on display in the dim sunlight pouring in through the window...his skin was an olive tone...not to much...but enough to make his skin look pretty...he was well muscled...a few scars here and there...but not a ugly one...and not a tattoo on him...if we had meet out on the street I wouldn't have believed the fucker was 29...I'd put him at 22 or 23 immediately.

"HEY NUMB-NUTS!" My inner self screamed at me as I oogled Nicholas.I felt fire flame my cheeks and I quickly went over and crashed into bed next to him.

He was a big guy...in more ways then one, my eyes scanned him as he slept...but he managed to keep to his rectangle of the bed. I was easily able to bury myself into my rectangle on the bed and peace fell upon me at once.

My peace...however, was short lived.

"Luna!!" A voice shouted at me and shook me from my sleep. "Luna!!"

I groggily opened my eyes and saw Neil above me shaking me awake.

"Oh my god...what?!" My voice cracked a little as I looked toward him.

"We are gonna be late Luna!" He whisper screamed.

"Huh?" I looked at him crazily, "why are you whispering?" I moaned at him as I began to get up.

At that moment I felt a weight on my hips.

Neil just stared for a minute at me and pointed behind me.

My tired eyes looked down to see Nicholas's arm draped over me lazily.

He must have done it while I was asleep.

I rolled my eyes and tried to move it and him off and away...but he was so heavy.

"Sweet and merciful Jesus!" I cried as he would not budge. "Neil!" I waved over at the idiot standing there with a blank stare, "help!"

"I cannot, Luna." He looked at me like I had lost my mind.

"What??" I finally managed to get his arm off of me when he suddenly pulled me into a tight hug.

"I am not supposed to touch him...let alone be in here while he is...but we are gonna be late if you don't get up Luna...I don't like being late..." I could see Neil diving down into a pit of anxiety.

I noticed then that he was only half dressed.

"Go finish getting dressed." I smiled calmly at him, "I'll meet you at the car."

"15 minutes, Luna!" He whispered at me as if he could read my mind and dashed out.

I sighed at what seemed to be an impossible task...I didn't want to wake him up...he was so peaceful asleep...and he didn't bother me not one bit...but I had school...and I admit a dislike of worrying Neil...who, despite some instances, seemed the only sane person around.

"Here goes nothing..." I psyched myself up as I drew upon my voice. "Nicholas!" I called, grabbing his arm and shaking as hard as I could...which sadly I admit was a weak shaking.

He grumbled and didn't budge.

I managed to free and arm and grabbed a pillow, "Nicholas!!!!" I screamed at the top of my voice while also hitting him with a pillow repeatedly.

"Huh?" He slowly woke up, "what? What's wrong?" He sat up a little but not enough to let me get up.

"Let up will you!! I have to go!" I stressed at him.

"Where?" He was slow to get his mind.

"To school!" I gripped his arm.

"Oh..." he sat up, releasing me in the process.

I tumbled out of the bed and crawled quickly toward the dresser.

"Ah-Sam-," he started but I cut him off my pulling open the creamy dresser drawers.

I picked my self up, pulled out my clean uniform clothes, and rushed off into the bathroom before he could even say boo. I changed the fastest I had ever changed my clothes in my life and raced to get out the door.

"Sa-," Nicholas started, but again, I cut him off, this time by closing the bedroom door.

I ran down the stairs pulling on my jacket as Neil waited by the door, nervously looking at his watch.

"Oh Thank the Moon Goddess! Luna!!" He ran out the door, I followed on his tail.

We climbed into the car and it zoomed off just as soon as the door closed behind us.

"Hey speed it up!" I shouted from the back of the car, "don't make us late with being a slow Motherfucker!" I cried out without thinking as I hastily tried to tie the tie I was forced to wear. I never liked the damn things.

"Uhhhh..."I heard the driver contemplating his answer before I glared up at him in the mirror, "y-yes my Luna." Was all he managed to get out before he pressed the gas and speed away.