Chapter 82

Nicholas

Mate reeks of fear. Aztec spoke as we walked out of the room.

"You would too if you almost fell to your death," I added.

He just started to smell of it. He deadpanned.

"Well maybe he knows what we are going to do." I shrugged my shoulders and I walked outside and calmly walked toward the two wooden doors that laid about ten feet from the pack house.

Who is we? I do nothing here. This...is all you. Aztec fell silent as I yanked open the wooden doors.

Screams filtered out ever so much, and the cement stairs leading downward had slight drops of blood on them. I couldn't tell if they were from them...or from some people before and the stairs hadn't been cleaned properly. One never truly knew. As I walked down the stairs and closed the doors behind me, the heavy sound of my steps echoed throughout the corridor.

I'll admit I was proud of this complex under the earth. I had come up with the idea when I was young, and it served me well. The complex itself only had one entrance and one exit; the wooden doors I came through. It went down far enough into the earth that sounds could not be heard above. The complex itself was laid out like a labyrinth, and only me and the highest warriors knew it's tricks and ways. Also, Eddie, because he helped me come up with the plans. He was not dumb.

As I turned the third corner, I came to the first cells. I did not put them in those cells; I figured Sam's curiosity would get the best of him eventually and he would follow me...or my scent...and find this place. I made sure that those people were brought to the innermost section of cells...where I have kept my word at enemies. In those cells, you could smell the old blood from those before.

It had only been a month since the cells were used...and blood was a bitch to get out.

Samuel's family were now my enemies; all who came to steal him from me were my enemies.

"No! Please! Let me go! I didn't wanna do it! I didn't wanna!" I heard as I closed in on the innermost section of the complex. "It was all her!!" I recognized the voice of Samuel's sister.

As I came out of the shadows, she screamed again. It was ear piercing and annoying.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" I erupted, and she quieted at once.

She looked up at me with tear strewn eyes. "I'll tell you whatever you want! But please! Give me back my husband! Please!" She gestured over to the cell across the way. She was tied tightly and could only jerk her head one direction.

I made extra sure to separate her from the half-bred.

Vampires were strange creatures and creatures of which I did not make fast friends with. Of all of the creatures, they were the most stubborn, and the most ornery.

During the great Truce after the Supernatural War (which we supernatural won), it was the Vampires who had to be forced down a few pegs.

Their appetite of blood and blizzard ritualistic natures, along with adherences to old traditions, meant that many did not want to compromise with them or even work with them.

There was also no telling exactly what kind of half-bred the man was without a blood test; I had heard tell that some half-bred vampires that could drink blood, and some that couldn't, others of them aged slowly, some aged normally; it was really dealers choice in terms of genes and traits and such.

His smell was off, he could hiss and probably had small fangs, which would look like large human canines, and he may have even had an appetite for blood.