Chapter 77

Sam

"Let me out of this!" I wriggled in the chair I was tied to.

"I can't Sammy, we have to keep you here until it goes away." Jenna cooed.

"Until what goes away?!" I asked as I tried in vain to pull myself from the chair.

"That thing," she gestured to my neck.

I knew she was referring to my mark.

Hah! That's what she thinks. Winter spoke nonchalantly. It was as if I could see him cleaning himself. For some reason, in my mind, I saw him in two forms. Sometimes he was a snow colored wolf with big green eyes...other times he was a young man with snow colored hair, a high nose, thin lips, a skinny face, and a youthfulness anyone would envy.

I envied him just for his nature.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him. "You said that our bond was complete now...and just then you laughed when she said that the mark would go away?"

Remember what Nicholas said. And that doctor. Winter stated matter of factly.

I barely recalled any of it, if I was being truthful. I was in a heated mess of whatever the hell was going on at that time. The only thing I really remembered in it's entirety since the entire situation with Rain was the fact that Nicholas and I...had sex. Was it very good? No, but was the first time ever that good? I doubted it.

"Tell me again," I asked Winter.

To complete the bond, connects you and your mate. Forever. For wolves, it is as simple as sex and knotting, which is what we did. The mark on us will never fade, it will never go away...it's permanent as our bond with our mate. Winter explained.

"Once that thing goes away," Jenna continued, drawing me out of my conversation with Winter, "you'll be back to normal and everything will work out." She smiled brightly as she bent down near me, but not near enough for me to jostle enough to fall onto her.

How I wished I could fall onto her.

"Normal?" I repeated. "What would you call normal?" I felt my eyes widen and my mouth gape.

"Well-," she tried to speak.

"No!" I interrupted her. "I prefer myself this way." I shook my head up and down. "I'm stronger and confidant! I feel happy and proud to be who I am!" I asserted.

"Sammy," she cooed, reaching her hand out.

TRY ME YOU HYPOCRITE! Winter snarled suddenly.

"Your mind has been corrupted," I heard my mother from a dark corner. "We will fix it." Her voice seemed closer. "Back away from him Jenna." She ordered her.

Jenna didn't say anything as she stood up and moved away from me.

"I never thought I'd be here doing this nonsense." My mother snarled as she entered the light. "Why couldn't you have been born normal?"

"I don't know," I shrugged as much as I could, "why couldn't I have had a better mother?" I asked sarcastically.

"You-," she began.

"Why did I have to go across the country for someone to give a shit!? Even if it's in a fucked up way!" I exclaimed.

"He's poisoned you." Her words were filled with venom. "Poisoned you." She repeated.

""Poisoned me?" I cackled. "Doubt it!"

"You just had to be paired didn't you? You just had to be paired to that werewolf? That alpha? And he had to be a male to boot!" She tried to berate me.