Chapter 17

Nicholas

Why work?! Aztec hollered in my mind, mate is most important. Must knot mate now. Now. Now. Now. Aztec danced in my mind.

"Would you shut it?!" I stressed at him as I walked to into my office.

Eddie snickered beside me, "what? Is Aztec bothering you?"

I snarled a bit at him as Aztec continued.

Why leave mate?! Mate is everything! Must stay with mate! Must knot mate!

I sighed and rubbed my hand on my temple as Aztec continued in his quest to get me to not work.

I strode into my office and sat down at the computer. There were several emails in my inbox, but I only paid attention to a few of them. One was labelled "Gray Pack to Whitefalls Pack." My eyes narrowed slightly as I glanced at the screen. Eddie was seated across from me.

"I'm guessing you're still here about this Gray Pack email." I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, the Alpha wanted to visit our Pack." He started.

"Why?" I looked directly at him.

"Well..." Eddie began, seemingly ignoring an important detail.

"You gonna tell me? Or am I gonna open this email and read nonsense for myself?" My alpha tone leaked out.

"The alpha says he knows the Luna..." Eddie began.

"Well that's stupid. Samuel doesn't know our kind in anyway, so how does one of them know him. It's impossible." I deadpanned.

"That's what I said, but the alpha says he and the Luna are family." Eddie continued, dumbfounded.

"Again, no sense." I shook my head, deleting the email.

"Have you talked to the Luna about his family?" Eddie asked.

"No. Why would I?" I scrolled through emails.

"Why wouldn't you?" Eddie scowled, "he is sixteen, it's good conversation."

"Is it?" I asked, "because the kid doesn't know shit. He barely talks to me anyway. He's terrified half the time and in a bitchy mood the other half." I rolled my eyes.

That is why we must knot mate! Aztec raised his voice in anger.

"He's a teenager, Nick. What'd you expect?" Eddie began to snicker.

"Why are you laughing?" I sat back.

"Isn't it obvious?" He began to cackle. "How can you expect a sixteen year old kid, with no knowledge whatsoever of werewolves or our culture or kind and basically no experience with the supernatural world until The Test told him he had to be thrust him into it, to be anything other than moody?! Not to mention, dude, Nick, You. Are. So. Old! You're not in touch with the kids anymore! And look, your mate is a kid! It's like a terrible twist of fate! You are so out of touch with young people and are terrible with teens! Your mate is a moody teenage boy who was moved from the city to the middle of no where! Of course he's moody! He's sad and lonely." Eddie explained thoroughly.

We are not old. Aztec growled. Mate is happy. Mate has us. Mate is fine. Aztec chomped at the restraint I held.

"I'm only 29." I smirked in annoyance.

"That is 13 years older than him. You are out of touch, Nick." Eddie cackled again.

"You suck." I snarled at him.

"Alright alright I'm going!" He could not contain his laughter as he rose from the chair and left my office.

Ignore him. Mate is good. Mate is fine. Mate is happy. Mate have us. Aztec deadpanned. He was dead set on his thought process.

"He may be, but we are a bit out of touch with things..." I began.

Not we. You. I know what he like. I felt Aztec smiling.

"Name one thing." I asked him.

Aztec was silent.

"That's what I thought." I sneered.

Okay, we are old. Aztec accepted. Mate need friend.

Aztec quieted as my mind thought of who could be friends with Sammy. He had Lula, but she was a girl. It was different. My mind searched through the tribe trying to find someone who could be friends with Sammy. I tried and failed. Not many were willing; Sammy was always moody, that was clear to everyone no matter where he went. He was also easily heard and his manners were terrible.

You're lost. Aztec added onto my train of thought.

I hated to admit that he was right, but he was. So I did what I had always done in these situations, I called Lula.

"Hello?" Her chipper voice answered the phone, "how may I help Alpha today?" I heard her smile through the phone.

"I was wondering if you knew anyone who could be friendly with the Luna?" I wondered my question at her.

"Ahmmmmm..." she thought for a long time. "None I can think of, why?"

"Sammy needs friends not just me and you." I deadpanned; I would have sincerely preferred to keep him all to myself, but he was young and needed social skills.

"I don't suppose you have thought of some of those orphans of yours?" She questioned me. "There has to be at least one who can be friends be with the Luna."

"I suppose that is my last resort." I rubbed my neck.

"It is your only resort now." Lula added.

I subdued a growl from Aztec, but failed to stop my alpha tone from escaping, "So?! Any ideas?"

"Well..." Lula began, "there is one boy, perhaps, who may get on with our Luna. He is maybe a bit younger than him, though."

"Yes yes that's fine. Just bring him to my office as soon as possible." I waved her off as I began to flip through a small stack of papers on my desk.

"Yes Alpha." She bowed slightly before disappearing out of the room.

We are good for Baby Boy. Aztec concluded suddenly.

"What are you taking about?" I scrunched my face in confusion.

Me, you. We are good enough for Our Mate. Me and you only. Aztec continued. He seemed annoyed.

"What's your deal?" I asked him as I signed paper after paper.

Baby boy is ours. Mate is ours. You're too pussy to knot him. So I will do it. Aztec growled a bit.

"You can't." I deadpanned, "he's not ready." I began to tap the pen I held.

You said that about marking too; but oh yeah, I marked him and he fucking loved it. Now our mark is large and beautiful on him. You wanna knot him too. You can't deny it. You told him so earlier. I could hear Aztec purring.

The image of Samuel's mark flashed in my mind...the elegant mark, lacing it's way from his lower neck onto the tip of his left shoulder, the crescent moon that sat with long elaborate ties that flowed from his collarbone onto the rest of his left shoulder and around to his back, and a pentagram that say on the back of his left shoulder....I purred myself at the thought of it...at the thought of licking it and making him go crazy.

My heat explainers through me; I signed the rest of the papers as quickly as I could and rushed out of my office to take a cold shower.

You're an idiot. Aztec growled in a passionate hunger.