Chapter 52

Sammy

You can't get rid of me Sam. The voice taunted me as I paced around the room.

I hit my head I don't know how many times as the voice tormented me. My heart beat would not even drown it out.

I barely noticed Nicholas walk back into the room; and even then it was only because the tiny person in my head finally shut the fuck up.

Nicholas stopped at once, "what's wrong with you?" He stared at me holding my head in my hands and nearly crying. "Hey," he cooed as he strode over. "What's up?" He cupped my face in his hands.

"Nothing," I shook him off. I was reluctant to tell him anything about my tiny person in my head.

What would he think?

Would he lock me away?

Would he throw me away?

You're an idiot. The tiny person scoffed.

"You don't know me," I retorted it, mumbling.

Oh, but I do. It scoffed back.

"What'd you say?" Nicholas called out to me.

"Nothing." I shook my head a little, and his hands fell.

"That's two nothings in a row," I saw his lips form a line. "Is what happened earlier still bothering you?"

"What are you talking about?" I raised an eyebrow.

Don't play coy with Mate. The tiny person was irritated.

"Whatever had you and Neil hiding under the bed." He took a step back from me, gesturing to where Neil and I had hidden before.

"Oh yeah..." my mind finally clicked, "that."

"Yeah, that. You wanna tell me why Ramsey was standing there all fumed and why when I came in here the both of you were hiding under the bed? Like scared cats?" Nicholas sat on the bed.

I could sense the judging.

"I'm not to sure actually." I thought back for a moment before realizing I didn't really know what Ramsey wanted. I just followed Neil's actions and the tiny person in my head.

Hmm, weird.

Not weird. It is sane for once in your goddamn life. The voice went against my inner thoughts.

I ignored it as I continued, "Neil ran in here all sneaky when I was in the bath. I came out, saw him in a corner. Asked him what was up, he didn't answer nothing really, then there was a knock, he flipped, hid under the bed, I answered the door. Guess who it was? Ramsey. And then something in me told me not to let him in or tell him Neil was here so I didn't. Then he got all creepy and weird and scary so I kept trying to close the door and he wouldn't let me and then I guess your voice distracted him and I was able to close the door and I just instantly got under the bed with Neil and hid." I rambled.

Nicholas' jaw was dropped open. I don't think he knew a boy could talk so fast without stopping for even a breath.

"It was almost...instinctive." I felt color come up to my cheeks and tried to hide it.

His jaw snapped closed at my words.

Uh oh... it was as if I could see the tiny person in my head digging a hole, making a tiny room to hide in, then going to hide inside of his tiny room without letting me in and promptly locking me out of his tiny room.

"What'd I say?" It was as if I was unable to stop my words.

"Instinctive...huh?" Nicholas's eyes narrowed a bit.

"Uh...yeah..." I felt as if I'd stepped into a big pile of shit, and now there was no way out. "Why does that word seem to freak you out?"

"It's not that it freaks me out." Nicholas was quick to respond, "it's just that, I've never heard you use such a word to describe how you feel or do something."

"Are you calling me dumb?" I felt my blood pressure rising.

"No! Not even a little!" Nicholas jumped up, grabbing my shoulders firmly.

"Lay off!" I shook him away.

He moved away and sat back down. "Do you not realize that you just hid?" Nicholas asked.

"What the heck are you talking about?" I raised an eyebrow in immense confusion.

"I wouldn't have thought you'd hide from someone like that before. I mean look, you barely even hide from me, if ever. And if I do say so, I am one mean and scary ass Motherfucker. In fact it is a reputation for people to be terrified of me even if they don't talk to me or have even met me. You though, you have run, you have cursed, you have done a lot...but you've never hidden from me purposefully. From him though, you did." He explained.

"Your point is what?" I stared dead at him with a turned up expression.

"You are aware Neil is an Omega?" Nicholas questioned.

I have him a "duh" expression. If fought for the kid, so yeah, I knew.

Did I fully remember? No!

Did I vaguely recall? Yes!

"It is hardwired for Omegas to hide from danger or larger wolves when or if they feel threatened or near harm." He crossed his arms, "even when simply scared, omegas will hide."

"Nicholas what are you trying to say?" I paid flat out in the bed in a huff, fully exasperated by him.

"I-I don't know what I'm trying to say. I'm not-I'm not an expert at this, okay? I'm just saying it's weird. You're changing. Becoming more..." Nicholas stopped in the middle of his sentence. He gazed back to me, seemingly afraid of his next words.

"More what?" I glanced at him.

"More like...submissive." He seemed to knit his eyebrows together, "not human submissive. Omega submissive. And you just hid from an Alpha with another Omega...it's odd." He shrugged.

"Odd?" I sat up on my forearms. "All you got for me is odd? Give me answers damn you!" I grabbed a pillow and struck him with all my might, which was not a lot.

"Hey!" He groaned at the pillow hit, "I said I don't know."

"Well figure it out!" I moaned, "you're the adult!"

"I'm the adult-?" He thought for a minute.

I knew he wanted to say something; but I was correct.

"Fine." He lunged at me. "Come on!" He scooped me up as I yelled at his swiftness. "To the doctor."