Chapter 61

Samuel

"What the hell do you mean talking about your sister?" Nicholas narrowed his eyes.

"He said he got a package with the name Stein on it...that's my sister's married name..." I cowered a bit, feeling his rage.

"Why would your sister send him a package with stuff regarding you? What would be her purpose?" Nicholas stood abruptly.

"I-I don't know exactly..." I lied a bit.

Jenna was more a mother to me than my own mother...she probably thought it was to protect me...but if she sent it to Ramsey, that meant she knew about him...and it meant that she kept the secret for all these years.

I also could not let Ramsey's words leave my mind... "My mother died a while ago and  our father did too."

The idea that my father was dead struck me in a different way. I had always wondered about my father...always craved to know everything I could about him.

"Alpha," Eddie came through the sliding doors. He stopped as soon as he saw me. "Luna," he bowed a little. "Uhm..." he vocalized.

"I'll be back," Nicholas leaned over and kissed my forehead. "Just...enjoy yourself around the house. I introduced you to the pack so you have free reign." He stood and motioned for Eddie to move out of the way.

We could follow him. Winter chirped suddenly.

"No way," I whispered. "I've got a better idea." I stood and peeked out of the sliding doors.

What the heck are you-? Winter began. You aren't gonna-?

"Maybe I am," I darted out of the room and ran up the stairs.

Don't you dare. Winter scolded me as I searched for Nicholas's office.

"I dare," I walked around aimlessly.

"Luna?" I heard Neil's voice.

My body jolted as Neil seemed to appear from nowhere.

"The fuck!" I shrieked and doubled over. "The hell are you doing sneaking up on me!?"

"S-Sorry Luna," Neil bowed.

"Oh Nevermind that," I shrugged. "Come with me," I took his arm.

Neil and I may have been different people, but he was sort of my only friend. Nicholas did not count as a friend to me...he was...more I guess.

He is much more. Winter added.

"W-What?" Neil's stuttering brought me back to reality.

"Do you remember where Nicholas's office is?" I tugged him on.

"Y-Yea?" He seemed shocked.

"Lead me on," I waited.

"Y-Yes Luna," he stuttered as he led me on.

It took only a minute or two for us to reach the door. Neil just pointed and looked at me.

I knew he wasn't gonna touch it with a ten foot pole.

I stepped forward and pushed it open with my finger. The door creaked eerily and the dark office filled with the light of the hallway.

"Why is it so damn dark?" I raised an eyebrow.

"L-Luna?" Neil squeaked, "I-I'm just gon-gonna-," he began to walk off.

I grabbed his wrist and yanked him with me as I walked into the dark office. He yelped a bit as we went in.

"Luna?" Neil whined.

"Shhhh," I vocalized, "help me find a light."

"C-Curtains," Neil pointed forward in the light that flooded in from the hallway.

"Oh yeah," my mind recalled heavy curtains in the office. I put my hands out in front of me and felt around.

I felt the edge of the heavy oak desk and followed the edge until I believed I was behind the desk. I stretched out my hands more and then felt cloth in my fingers.
I surged forward and grabbed a hold of the fabric. I yanked on it and the curtains opened.

Light flooded into the room.

At once I seized my chance.

The computer! Winter whisper shrieked as if others could hear him.

I ran over to it and shook the mouse. A password screen popped up.

"Son of a bitch!" I cursed out loud.

"Luna?" Neil stood just in the doorway. "W-What's wrong?"

"It's got a password," I groaned.

"O-Oh," he vocalized.

"Any idea what it could be?" I asked him from behind the desk.

"Uh...no?" He raised an eyebrow at the very fact I thought he would know the password to an Alpha's computer.

Try your name. Winter piped up.

"My name?" I questioned.

Just do it. I could see Winter's eyes rolling.

I typed Samuel into the password bar.

It beeped no at me.

"Any other ideas smartass?" I deadpanned.

Nickname. That thing he calls you. Winter yawned.

I rolled my eyes and typed Sam into the password bar.

It dinged and opened.

Told ya so. It was as if I could see Winter smiling from ear to ear. 

I ignored him and sat in the chair.

I opened the google chrome widget and the search bar dinged.

"L-Luna?" Neil's voice shook from the doorway.

"Shhh! Just warn me if someone is there!" I whisper screamed as I typed Ramsey King + wolf into the search bar.

Several articles popped up; but the only one I paid attention too was Biogrpahy.com.

I opened it and glanced at the parents. I only saw a mother listed; Mariana Gray.

Damnit.

I typed her name into the search bar, using an addition symbol and the word wolf, like I did with Ramsey.

An article popped up referencing her death. I glazed my eyes over it until those beautiful words came out at me like a punch to the face.

"Mariana Gray is lived in through her son Ramsey King; born of Mariana Gray and Rowan King, displaced Alpha, who died a short time ago. He is followed by his Luna, the sweet Mariana. They leave a strong son behind, whose future seems bright."

That's...a name. Winter seemed apprehensive as I stared at the name Rowan King.

I'd never heard that name in my entire life.

Not even once.

I typed Rowan King + wolf into the search bar and immediately saw an article regarding his death.

The headline read, "ALPHA KILLED IN FREAK ACCIDENT."

ALPHA ROWAN KING WAS FOUND DECEASED IN AN ABANDONED WAREHOUSE WITH A STRANGE SUBSTANCE IN HIS BLOODSTREAM. THE SUBSTANCE IS THOUGHT TO HAVE LEAD TO THE DEMISE OF THE GREAT ALPHA.

The article continued on but I didn't pay it any attention. The sound of heavy footsteps on the stairs assaulted my ears.

"L-Luna!!" Neil was nearly dying as he danced in place and pointed.

I knew what he meant.

I smelt sandalwood.

I quickly closed the tabs and exited the computer. I ran toward Neil and took his arm in mine. I yanked him with me out of Nicholas's office and dragged him behind me as the door slammed shut.

We darted around a corner just the corner as Nicholas got on the second floor, accompanied by what sounded like Eddie.