Chapter 40

Samuel

All I could do was sit and watch as Nicholas and Ramsey stared each other down.

I could see the hairs on their arms standing up, and I noticed a Nicholas growling lowly.

"Alright alright now boys." Eddie came between them. "Let's all take a chill pill."  He put his hand on Nicholas and pushed him back a bit; he didn't dare touch Ramsey. "There is no need for violence."

"Says you." Ramsey snarled.

I sucked in a tight breath; Nicholas turned to me at once.

It was as if he could see my anxiety and fear.

At once he backed down.

"My Beta is correct; this is no time for violence. Sam has no need of it." Nicholas gritted his teeth, suppressing an anger from deep within. "Let's sit and talk." He gestures to the table in the center of the room. "Sam," he held his hand out to me.

I looked between him and Ramsey, and I slowly took his hand.

I may have had a hatred of Nicholas, but I didn't know this Ramsey; how could we've been related? I had never known my father, and sure I was years younger than my siblings...but what could it mean? What could be the reason for mine to have a sibling I've never heard about before? And why do I feel an odd sense of deja vu when I look at his face. There was something about him I couldn't place, something about him I both loved and hated...and yet I didn't know why. 

Nicholas led me to the center table and I sat in a chair at one side, while Ramsey sat on one end. Nicholas sat on the other and took my hand in his own. He squeezed it a little and I felt my eyes fall from his gaze.

"You said you wanted a DNA test?" Nicholas asked Ramsey.

"Yes, it is the most sure way to know the truth." Ramsey folded his arms.

"And when do you wanna do this?" Nicholas raised an eyebrow. I could feel his veins stretching in my hands.

"Now, if possible." Ramsey leaned onto the table.

"What do you mean, 'now'?" Nicholas bit at the air a little.

"We have a DNA test here, now." Ramsey cocked his head a little. "Vincent!" He shouted.

A young man with black hair appeared, it was cropped short, he had too many piercings in his ears to count, and his obsidian eyes were large and intriguing. From his sleeve I could see an intricate tattoo, hidden beneath his clothes.

Vincent opened a case and pulled out a needle.

I panicked at once.

"What the fuck is that?!" I shot upward. "No way!"

"Did you not have a blood test to confirm that this...thing...is your mate?" The man called Vincent turned his nose up at Nicholas.

"I mean yeah duh! But that doesn't mean I liked it! Ass!" I cursed at the young man.

Ramsey laughed under his breath as Vincent walked over to me, needle firmly in hand.

"If you stick me with that, I'll bite your ear off you damn dog!" I backed away from him and tried to go to the opposite side of the room.

My path was blocked by tall men.

"Son of a bitch!" I cursed as Vincent came up behind me. I sank down to the floor and crawled away from him.

Ramsey burst out with raucous laughter at the situation.

"It's not funny," I heard Nicholas's low voice and felt his steps on the ground.

I tentatively looked up and saw him staring down at me. At once I turned around and crawled under the table. I heard Nicholas sigh as he got down on his knees and looked under the table.

"Are you really gonna make me drag you out in front of all these people?" He dared.

I just gave him a hard cold stare and buried my head onto my pulled up knees.

"Hahhhh," he sighed. "If you gentlemen will excuse me." He meant it as an insult. "Come here Sam!" He flew like a flash under the table.

"What the fuck?!" I screeched as he managed to grab a hold of my ankle, but somehow not the one I had hurt, and pulled me out.

I grabbed the floor and tried to use my nails to stop his pulling. While it was a useless attempt, the floor will forever have the marks of nails as I fruitlessly attempted to avoid a needle.

Nicholas easily pulled me out from under the table and picked me up. He carried me like a doll over to a chair.

"If you think I'm sitting still and taking that needle you're crazy!" I spat.

"I know," Nicholas smirked as he sat down and placed me on his lap.

I was at once dwarfed by his size. His hand grabbed a hold of my wrists while his other hand held firmly onto my waist.

Vincent walked up and boldly pulled the sleeve of my shirt. I felt the prick of a needle and cried out. Inadvertently, I hid my face in Nicholas's broad chest.

Vincent cleared his throat and his footsteps walked disappeared.

"Sam," Nicholas cooed at me.

I didn't wanna show my face.

"Sammy," he shook my shoulder a little, still I wouldn't budge. "Samuel." I peaked out from his chest.

Vincent took blood from Ramsey and then began to do science things out of a briefcase.

I do not know what; I was never very good at the science shit.

"Oh," Vincent vocalized; causing the entire room to go silent.

"Well, what is it Vincent," Ramsey called out, raising an eyebrow.

"The Great Alpha was indeed correct." Vincent smirked. "Our Alpha, Ramsey King, and this small human thing, Samuel Albright-I mean Whitestone-are indeed brothers."

I felt the air in my lungs cease to exist and my chest tightened at once. My heart surged with anxiety and the color drained from me.

"Sam," Nicholas called out to me, shaking me a little. "Sam!"

I couldn't speak. I couldn't breathe. The lights blurred. The sounds dulled in the room.

My mother hated wolves. My siblings were apathetic. And I...well I didn't know anything did I?

My own father had sex with some woman and then thing child was born, an alpha werewolf man thing.

The lights faded, my eyes rolled, and I slumped against Nicholas all while he called out to me and shook me.