Chspter 33

Samuel

"What the fuck was that?" The little person on my shoulder chided me in earnest.

My mind raced at that moment...what had I done? Why couldn't I stop myself? Why didn't I fight?

"Because you are an INJURED PERSON!" The other person on my shoulder yelled at me as I pulled on fresh clothes.

It was so strange...it was as if I could not disobey his words...as if something in me told me to submit or die.

I shrieked as a loud scratching sound filled the room.

The door burst open and my body jerked around. I looked to see Nicholas...or Aztec...standing in the door.
I stood up and looked to see his eyes returned to normal.

"Nicholas?" I called to him in a questioning voice.

"Yeah," he answered, taking in a deep breath. "Are you ready?" He urged me onward.

I only shook my head as he swiftly left the room. I hobbled as fast as I could after him.

He was waiting on the stairs for me and he quickly lifted me over his shoulder before descending the stairs.

"What are you doing?!" I shrieked.

"Helping," he seemed to grit his teeth as he skipped down the stairs.

As we reached the bottom of the stairs, he set me down and took my hand in his. He led me toward an entryway. There, sitting on the sofa, was the woman from earlier.

Rain.

Her hair was knitted together in knots that was supposed to be a fashion statement, her clothes were two sizes too small, she wore a lot of makeup which was smeared, and she smelled heavily of cheap perfume.

"What do you want, Rain?" Nicholas's voice was calm yet stern as he folded his arms and looked down at the woman.

"Not much," she shrugged at him, casually putting her arm around a young man who was sitting beside her. "Just wanted to introduce you to someone." She smirked.

"Who?" He began to tap his fingers on his arm.

I walked into the room a bit more than I had been.
Rain cut her eyes at me.

"This is my new man," she smiled an ugly smile...her teeth were yellowed and decayed. "Lucas." She hit the young man beside her on the back.

The guy sat up straighter and looked up at Nicholas.
I could tell the guy was young, and he seemed like he wanted to run and hide under Nicholas's gaze.

"And?" Nicholas cut his eyes back to Rain.

"Aren't you the big bad alpha of this tribe of miscreants?" She rolled her eyes.

"Hey!" Lula's voice appeared from a corner of the room. She looked already deep in a huff as the situation continued.

"Since you left me all on my own I needed a man. So I went out and got one. " Rain turned her nose up at me.

"Oh the nerve of that-!" Lula's voice was cut off by Eddie's firm hand covering her mouth.

"What did she say!?" Rain stood up suddenly.

"Nothing!" Eddie answered quickly.

"Sit down Rain." Nicholas eyed her, and she plopped down beside the young man.

"Daddy said I need your permission so here I am, asking for it." She folded her arms in annoyance.

They both seemed to annoy each other, and yet the situation continued.