Chapter 67

Nicholas

I never thought the day would could where I would ever have a mate.

Aztec...was a different sort of wolf, he was tough and rough...a wolf no one wanted to be near. I never though the Moon Goddess would bless me with a mate like Samuel.

He was strong, smart, and brave...yet he was also kind and generous.

The perfect Luna, the perfect mate for me.

Neil had told him a little about mating, but I stopped him from revealing too much...

Why did I do that?

Because you're stupid. Aztec answered my own question.

Samuel had been through so much in such a short time with me; and he had displayed so much bravery and courage. He had been assaulted, poked, prodded, wounded, and now he was experiencing something I had hoped he wouldn't...after all, he was only part wolf...there was a chance he would not experience anything like normal.

If I had known he was even part wolf...I would not have done what I did. If I had more self control, more control over Aztec, I wouldn't have done what I did.

It was rare for humans to exhibit a heat; in fact there was never a single case of it to my knowledge. Not a single one.

Had I know Samuel had any trace of wolf blood, I would have restricted myself more, I would have restricted Aztec more. I would have done what I should've in the first place...taken the damn sedatives.

Ah ah ah. Aztec piped up, sedatives don't work on use.

I rolled my eyes. I had fucked up everything.

The day that I coughed up the blackness, I knew what had to be done.

An unmated pair of wolfs...was dangerous...and deadly. There were stories of alphas who went mad, Luna's...omegas...who died. There was always one who went mad, and one...who died. It was the Moon Goddesses curse; unfulfilled bonds, were unclean and unkempt.

As I watched the doctor mess about with Samuel and listed to his words, I knew what was coming.

"Have you...coughed up like, black gunk?" Paul raised an eyebrow at me.

"Do what?" I stood up again, my mind coming back out of the fog it had been in as he examined Sam.

"Have you coughed up like, black goop?" Paul shrugged.

I was silent. I could not answer yes because I did not want to worry Sam, but I could also not say no...because it would have been a lie and Paul always knew when I lied.

"I'll take that as a yes." Paul stood, eyeing me with annoyance and anger.

He crossed his arms and walked over.

Just as fast as he'd stood and walked over, he slapped the back of my firmly, "dumbass." He bit his lip.

Samuel rose up a bit from the table. "What was that for?" He seemed both worried and angered that Paul had hit me on the head.

"He knows," Paul pulled out another syringe and walked over to me. Anger filled his eyes. I knew why.
Paul was one of the best doctors for wolves and humans alike, but he hated to be the last to know things, especially medical things.

It was his pet peeve.

Paul stabbed the needle into my arm with all his might, but I didn't budge. It did not hurt, and needles didn't bother me, unlike Samuel, who at the knowledge of them would've liked to escape them.