Chapter 26

Samuel

"Uh...hi...?" I waved a bit as Neil dragged me to class.

"Look that's Alpha Nicholas's Mate!" Several pointed.

"He's a boy!" A few girls jaws dropped.

"How old is he?!" A couple asked in shock as we passed them by.

"This is your first class Luna," Neil stopped suddenly. He pushed the door open a bit and I scowled.

The teacher was on old woman, her gray hair was pulled tight, and her glasses dropped a bit from her wrinkled ugly face.

"Mr. Whitestone?" She raised her grey, old eyebrow.

"Yes, this is Samuel Whitestone." Neil moved out of the way a bit.

The old woman looked me up and down. "So, the great Luna arrives."  Her horrid mouth firmed even more.

"The hell?" I muttered.

"Go sit over there!" She pointed to an empty desk between two boys.

"Ignore Ms. Freight. She's a classist. Just sit down and be quiet. I will see you in 4th Hour: Wolf Culture." Neil  scuttled away quickly.

I dragged myself to the chair and slumped down as the old woman began to teach. I zoned out the entire class period, the woman was boring, the students wouldn't shut up, and they kept sneaking pictures of me.

I mulled around until 4th hour.

The classroom was very out of the way compared to the others. It was on the top floor of an adjacent building, and it was at the end of a hallway. I felt like I was dying by the time I got to the hallway, and I crashed onto the floor. At that moment, Neil appeared.

"Luna?" He called, "why are you on the floor?"

I rolled over a little and looked up at him. "Are you serious?"

"What?" He raised and eyebrow.

"How are you not dying after walking those stairs?!" I heaved a little as he bent down and took my arm.

"I'm used to it I guess." He pulled me up with all his might. "Come on, we can go in together!" He suddenly smiled and took my arm.

I'll admit, I'd never seen Neil smile really. He had maybe smirked,  it truly smiled, not once. He had shiny white teeth, and he had dimples. I'll have to admit, he was quite adorable.

He led me down the hallway, there was an iron gate that ran from ceiling to floor and wall to wall. The gate was latched closed, and a youngish man was walking up from out of a door. He put a key into one side and pushed it open.

"Welcome back Neil!" The youngish man smiled and opened his arms.

"Mr. Cartwright!" Neil hugged the youngish man.

"Who is this?" Mr. Cartwright smiled brightly at me.

"This is Luna Samuel." Neil gestured to me, "he is Alpha Nicholas's mate."

"Oh? Nicholas finally has a mate? Almost thirty and just now getting a mate!" Mr. Cartwright shook his head disapprovingly.

"Who is this?" I was taken aback. He was the first person I met in the whole school who didn't call Nicholas Alpha.

"Oh," Neil seemed to remember something, "This is Charlie Cartwright. He and Alpha Nicholas are friends."

"Friends? Hah! I'd say we tolerate each other. He's friends with my husband, Julius." Mr. Cartwright smiled. "I am also the teacher of Wolf Culture, Wolf Studies, Mating Studies, and home economics."

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, "excuse me?"

"Come in." Neil took my arm in his again and led me through the iron gate.

There were six classrooms beyond the gates. It only looked like three were in use. Neil led me into a room that was decently sized, but there were only 12 desks.  The room was colorful, there were posters everywhere and walls of rules and regulations. I found myself drawn to one in particular.

In large red letters, it read:

OMEGAS, DONT FORGET TO TAKE YOU MEDICINE.

PILLS AND SHOTS AVAILABLE.

"Neil," I called.

"Luna?" He answered.

"What's this?" I pointed.

"Oh, don't worry about that Luna. That's only for Omegas." He shrugged off my question.

"Aren't you an omega?" I sat down in the desk beside where he and sat down.

"Yeah, but I don't have to worry about that yet." He smirked a little.

"What's it for?" I leaned over a bit.

"Oh it's nothing." He smiled again as some more people filed into the room.

Four girls and another boy entered the room.

"Class," Mr.Cartwright spoke sweetly, "let's welcome our new student!"

"Go on, stand up honey!" He gestured for me to stand.
"Tell us your name."

"I'm Samuel. But most call me Sam or Sammy." I smiled at being able to say my name and not having someone automatically call me Luna.

"What's your last name?" One of the girls chirped. She sounded like Lula, only younger.

"Albr-I mean-Whitestone." I felt my cheeks redden a little and covered my face with my hand.

"Oh, so that's Alpha Nicholas's mate." The girls whispered amongst each other.

"Now now girls. You know we don't talk mates in my classroom." Mr. Cartwright folded his arms.

"Yes Mr.Cartwright," the girls rolled their eyes.

"Now Samuel, in this room we are all equals. Yes, there are only a few of us here, and that is because our class is separate from the others." He began to explain.

"Why?" I wondered out loud.

"Because they believe that we cannot mix with the others here, and that's alright, because we have our own fun, don't we?" He asked the class.

"Yeah yeah yeah." The class answered.

"Now today, we will talk about The Test." He began to write on the board.

I rolled my eyes, I didn't need to learn about something I had already done.

"How old do you have to be to take The Test in the US, Canada, and Mexico?" The teacher asked the room.

The room was silent.

"Mr. Whitestone?" He smirked.

"16." I answered.

"Correct!" He wrote my answer on the board. "Now, the rest of the world does not have The Test, but they have the ability to use and access the database because supernatural creatures exist worldwide. There are a few ways that The Test can be done and it varies depending on the states or provinces. There's by blood, eye tests, and pheromone tests."

I glanced over at Neil and saw him diligently taking notes.

"The Test is used to find mates and match mates or however you want to call it. Humans call mates pairs." The teacher added.

"Why?" Another girl called out, "that's stupid."

"Now now Greta. Humans aren't stupid." Mr. Cartwright corrected the girl.

"Tell us Samuel, how was The Test?" Mr. Cartwright pulled a chair over and say in front of us.

"Uhm, me?" I pointed at myself.

"Of course silly! You're the only one In this class whose taken it!" He chuckled a little.

"Do what?!" I raised my voice louder than I meant too.
"You can't be serious!" I continued.

"Yes he is." Neil spoke up suddenly, "Your the only one whose 16."

I took in a sharp breath, I didn't wanna tell them my experience, after all,

I was a stupid human.