Chapter 60

Samuel

Nicholas dragged me down the stairs into the small room with the sliding doors. He shooed me in after he pushed the doors open.

I immediately slumped onto a the old couch with the funny feet and he gestured for me to stay there. He closed the doors as he trotted away.

Where else are we gonna go dumbass? Winter spat.

Within what felt like seconds, the sliding doors reopened and Nicholas returned with Ramsey. His hair was kinda messy and he smiled as soon as he saw me, "Hey, kid." He waved a bit.

I immediately scowled. No matter what I said, what I did, he wouldn't stop calling me kid. He couldn't have been that much older than me, could he have? Maybe he was 21, or 22? Not that much older! Yet, kid, was the way he constantly referred to me. Each time he said it, I gained more and more hatred for the word.

I had always hated being called "kid."

I can't say that it got any better after being mated to Nicholas, an adult, and apart from at school, I was treated like an adult anyway.

"How's it going kid?" Ramsey walked into the room with a smirk.

Dick. Winter growled a bit. It was obvious that he too hated be called "kid."

"We have to talk with you," Nicholas joined me on the couch with the funny legs and pointed his hand at the chair somewhat across from us.

I yanked my feet up and huddled them to my chest. Ramsey stared at me for a moment.

"Talk to me about what, exactly?" Ramsey's mouth formed a firm line as he sat in the chair, "I didn't think there was much more for the three of us to talk about after what happened last time." He began, "I thought everything from here on out would be dealt with by the kid and I, not you." He jerked his head.

I felt myself frown even more and my eyebrows knitted together.

"How'd you know about Sam?" Nicholas got straight to the point.

I glared at him.

"What do you mean?" Ramsey raised an eyebrow.

"How did you get the information about Sam? How did you know to come here? How did you know he was your brother? And lastly, How did you get any information about him, me, our pack?" Nicholas rattled off questions while Ramsey just stared at him coldly.

I felt taken aback by his straight forward ness.

Way to be subtle...I could see Winter rolling his eyes as the two continued their conversation.

"Why should I tell you about any of that stuff?" Ramsey tightened his lips.

I could see Nicholas start to fume. He obviously wasn't used to the word no or indeed being stonewalled.

"Because he asked nicely," I rolled my eyes as I spoke up. I didn't like confrontation and Nicholas appeared to just lather in it like it was the best shower ever.

Nice save. Winter spoke up.

Ramsey seemed shocked to hear me speak at all. "That was nice?"

"As nice as you're gonna get." I let my eyes fall on him. "He doesn't like you, and frankly I'm not a fan of you either...but we are siblings." I sighed. "I'm obligated to certain things in regards to you." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah." Ramsey was deep in thought. "I guess you're right."

"All of that, and not to mention it is illegal for his information or mine to be shared with anyone outside of the local pack leader in his area, the attache, the hospital in which his Test was conducted, specifically his doctor, the National system that is highly monitored, and not to mention Samuel himself." Nicholas added, growling lightly the entire time.

He leaned on his knees and looked strongly at Ramsey.

Ramsey swallowed hard. He knew Nicholas was right. He had no choice left, he had been honest.

"If I tell you," Ramsey began, "I want to know who was in the room with you, before." He looked straight at me, "when you slammed the door in my face and he appeared out of damn thin air." He gestured to Nicholas.

Don't tell him anything. He doesn't deserve it. We don't know him. Neil doesn't know him. It would be bad idea. Winter rushed out.

I will admit to some confusion. Winter already proved he was much more knowledgeable than I, and if I was t mistaken, it was best to listen to his words.

"What?" I sat up a bit. "There wasn't anyone in there with me." I lied.

You're a terrible liar Sam!!! Winter panicked. WHY WAS THAT YOUR LIE?!?

Liar. Bad, bad liar. Another voice chuckled in my head.

My eyes cut toward Nicholas. He was smirking as he sat back with his arms crossed.

"That's not true," Ramsey leaned back, "I smelt someone else." His eyes flashed yellow.

I felt a shiver run down my back.

Don't tell. Winter whispered as if someone else could hear us.

"We will arrange that," Nicholas yawned, "If you tell us where you got your information from to begin with. Who told you about Samuel?"

I just looked at Nicholas.

I didn't think he was serious.

"Well," Nicholas eyed Ramsey. His eyes flashed black and Ramsey's flashed yellow.

"Stein," Ramsey stood up. "I got a package from someone called Stein. It had all the information in it..." his eyes turned away, "My mother died a while ago and  our father did too. The prospect of having some family, made me happy so I automatically went into action. I used some old connections and found out where you were sent exactly and who with. Imagine my surmise to see it was Nicholas Whitestone, supreme alpha of the White Falls Pack...aged 29." He began to pace back and forth. "It had to be some magical fuck up of the Moon Goddess to mate a 16 year old to a man of your age I thought...till I did some more research about you. Then I realized, it wasn't a fuck up. You just were too damn rough around your edges to deserve one until now." Ramsey spat with venom.

Nicholas began to growl a bit louder.

"I expect to see whoever it was next time we meet." Ramsey waved his hand in the air before he pushed the sliding doors open and disappeared down the hallway.

I put my hand on Nicholas's arm.

He turned to me slowly, "who the hell is Stein?"

"Stein..." I took a deep breath, my memory was fogged a bit.

Son of a bitch. Winter deadpanned.

"What?" I answered him in my head.

It's Jenna. He began. Stein is her married name.

"Fuck." I shot up.

"What??" Nicholas was taken aback.

"It's my sister." I whispered.

"You're-what?" His eyes widened.

"My sister...Jenna." I began, "her name isn't Jenna Albright anymore...it's Jenna Stein."