Chapter 35

Nicholas

"Sa-," I didn't get to finish calling out to him because he closed the door on me.

"Fuck!" I cursed as I crashed back down onto the bed.

Aztec had not been in control too long...but it was long enough to make me the most tired person in the world. He had always been rough around the edges...but he seemed to purposely use all of my strength every time he decided to come out and make a scary appearance.

"Nick?" Eddie pushed the door open and strutted in. "You back?"

"Yeah yeah," I groaned as I pulled myself from the bed.

"Bout time!" He sighed and crashed into a seating position on the bed, "been a while since that happened huh?"

"No shit," I sneered at him as I stretched my body. It always ached after Aztec was in control. It had been a long time since that happened.

"So, did Samuel come up here?" He asked suddenly.

"Yeah, why?" I answered as I grabbed clothes and pulled them over my head.

"He did fall asleep down in the lounge," Eddie began, "he was watching a movie with Lula and I."

"Oh?" My ears perked up, "he did?"

I automatically felt a sense of jealousy...but I knew that was no use as it was my on fault that Sam didn't want to spend time with me at all if he could help it. I had been terrible.

"Did he enjoy himself?" I asked, hiding my jealousy.

"I guess so." Eddie shrugged, "he's a quiet kid."

I felt myself shiver at the word "kid."

"He's more adult than he seems." I grumbled to myself.

"Hah!" Eddie laughed, "if Lula heard you she would beat you with a pan." He chuckled a bit more.

"Shut up." I grabbed a shirt and pulled it over my head, "why are you here anyway?"

"Oh whoa as me! My alpha forgets his job and leave sir all to his sickly beta!" Eddie dramatically put his hand to his head and fell back on the bed.

"Pussy." I ran my hands through my hair.

"You're Alpha of this clan Nick! You're busy everyday and it is my job to see that you get work done." Eddie stood up and walked closer to me.

"I know that. I've been alpha nearly 15 years." I pulled on a pair of shoes.

"Not without blood and tears." Eddie added as he followed me out of the room.

"Not mine." I pulled the door.

"Some yours." He slyly added as I walked toward my office.

I tried my best to avoid Lula...I knew she would have things to say and frankly I wasn't in the mood for her chipper yet stern attitude. She never liked Aztec and he never liked her. It was like two same side magnets trying to come together even though they ardently repel each other.

"Well...!" I heard Lula's voice on the stair case so I ran into my office.

Eddie came as fast as he could behind me.

"What the hell are you doing going so fast so suddenly on me!?" Eddie coughed and hacked as he sat down immediately.

"No reason." I shrugged as I sat down at my desk and saw multiple papers awaiting me.

"You couldn't a done some of this?" I raised an eyebrow at the mountain strewn across the desk.

"I did!" Eddie shrugged his shoulders.

"Uh huh," I began to push around the mountain and skim through the neatly typed words.

Most of them were bills or deals or treaties or simple things Eddie could've done by his own merit....he just didn't. Probably because he wasn't too happy about Aztecs popping up either.

But then again,

Who was?

Suddenly, amongst the papers strewn about, I noticed one that had red letters on it.

I pulled it out from underneath the other pages and my breath hitched as my eyes scrolled over the words.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR NICHOLAS WHITESTONE

RAMSEY KING AND PARTY AGENDA

GRAY PACK TO WHITEFALLS PACK.

"Son of a bitch!" I cried.

"What?" Eddie piped up.

"You couldn't a told me about this?!" I threw the paper on the table, he gingerly reached over and picked it up.

"Oh yeah, this." He rolled his eyes. "I think it's just whatever, I mean think about it Nick, this alpha says he knows Luna but Luna doesn't know this Alpha." He shrugged, "how does that's work?"

"I can think of more ways than one." My eyes narrowed as my mind focused on his absent father.

"Well perhaps you'd like to share!" Eddie rolled his eyes.

"Same father." I shrugged.

"But the Luna's father is dead." Eddie shrugged back.

"Nah nah nah, if I remember correctly the damn file read 'Father left family, considered deceased." I put stress on the word considered.

"Oh," Eddie raised an eyebrow, seemingly in thought. "What did you say his father's name was?"

"Don't know," I remembered his name wasn't in the file really, "Sam doesn't seem to know much either."

"Hmmmm...what was the name of the pack again," Eddie's wheels seemed to be turning.

"Gray." I cleared my throat and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh." A realization seemed to hit him.

"What?" I clenched my fist in anticipation.

"Well...until a few years ago, wasn't the Gray Pack led by a woman?" He began to rub his head as if he was trying to remember.

"How the fuck would I know?!" I felt annoyed, and yet intrigued.

I immediately typed "Gray Pack," into the google search engine.

"Are you googling?" Eddie wandered aloud.

"Am I what?" I questioned his choice of words, "googling" didn't seem like a real word.

"You're old." He snickered as the google search engine popped out results.

Several results appeared on the current Alpha of the Gray Pack, Ramsey King.

"I'm only getting stuff on the new one," I felt my blood pressure raise in annoyance.

"Hahhh," Eddie sighed, "it's shocking what only a few a years in age makes," he mumbled. "Type in, 'Gray Pack, Female Alpha."

I narrowed my eyes at him, but type what he said into google.

Within seconds, an article popped up from about a decade ago. The title read, "Female Alpha Murdered."

"They did have a female alpha...."I began.

"I thought so!" He smiled. "I knew-," he started.

"She died a decade ago!" I interjected.

"Oh." His smile fell. "Of what?"

"Murdered." I peered at him from behind my computer, "poison says this article."

"Well...what was her name?" Eddie asked innocently.

"Mariana," I sighed, "Mariana Gray."