Chapter 38

Samuel

Nicholas tossed me in the car and slammed the door behind me.

I kicked the door with my foot as hard as I could...even if it was loud, it wasn't strong. All I could do was watch  as Nicholas spoke to the Headmaster in front of all the students. I couldn't hear a word they said, but their faces were grave.

Suddenly, a car pulled up behind the one I was locked in. Lula came out of it, I could see Eddie driving.

Nicholas walked back toward the cars with Neil following close behind. His head hung low as Nicholas walked with him up to Lula. Lula's eyes cut over to me as I stared at the small group, they was a slight smile on her lips as she opened her arms. Neil walked over and slumped into her hug. She pulled him lightly toward the back seat of the car and gestured him in. He climbed in and Nicholas turned to me. I felt my blood run cold and whipped my body around.

I scooted over into a corner as the door opened and Nicholas climbed in. His eyes narrowed at me.

"Anything you wanna tell me?" I could see him restraining himself.

"No." I pursed my lips and folded my arms.

"Neil already told me anyway," Nicholas turned to face forward. "I have other things to worry about today that don't include this." He suddenly leaned forward and knocked on the glass separating us from the driver.

The car began to move and Nicholas was uncomfortably silent.

I peaked at him and his hand was clutching the bottom of his shirt.

"W-What do you have to worry about that doesn't include the scuffle I got in at school?" I felt weird to be told my fight didn't matter. Every time I had gotten into fights my mother had berated me, telling me how much do a worthless, incompetent child I was. It felt odd to have Nicholas tell me that he had too much to worry about that didn't include me getting into a school scuffle.

"I mean, I don't care what you did, because you were protecting your pack member. You are a Luna now, what you did to those girls was protecting Neil. Omega or not, he is a pack member and you protected him. It shows a lot, Sam." Nicholas explained, his eyes now staring deeply into mine.

"W-What-I-What-I mean, I was just-What?!?" I began to panic. I didn't think I did anything very important...I just didn't like how they treated Neil...and Nicholas made it seem like I did something amazing. "But-what does that have to do with your stuff...?" I zoned in and out as my mind processed what Nicholas had said.

"Someone is coming to visit," Nicholas spoke vaguely. Something in me told me to question him more, while at the same time it told me he was lying.

"Who is coming to visit?" I sat up straighter. "Not that Rain bitch!"

"What?!?" His head jerked at me, "No way in hell!"

"So, then who the hell is coming to visit?" I tried to keep my voice calm, but ended up raising it a little.

I felt that I needed too in order for him for tell me the truth.

"It is another alpha," His answer was still vague.

"What alpha?" I questioned him more.

"One from a ways away,"

"Who?"

"He's younger than me and older than you,"

"And?"

"He's earned a good reputation for being so young,"

"How young?"

"Like 20 or something."

"Uhm, what the fuck is his name Nicholas?!?" I finally let myself go and I lunged a little at him. He was running circles around words and I was annoyed.

"Ramsey." Nicholas held his breath for a second. "Ramsey King."

I looked at him with narrow eyes.

"Who the hell is that?!?" I waved my hand around like a mad man. "You ran circles in words just to tell me the name of someone I don't know?? You coulda just told me!!"

"You don't know him at all?" Nicholas raised an eyebrow, "not even a little?"

I shook my head at his stupidity.

"Never even heard the name?"

"Uh...no?" I thought about it for a minute, "I don't think so..." My mind was fogged as he spoke.

"Ramsey King sent a notice a while back." He began.

"About what?" I asked quickly.

"About you, Sam." Nicholas replied.

"What about me?!?" I felt my blood pressure rise. What had another alpha wanted to know about me and also why?!?

"He said you guys were related..." Nicholas' eyes turned away from me.

"Excuse me? Related? What do you mean related?" I spoke faster than I knew I could, "I don't have a sibling or cousin or anything named Ramsey! That name is so weird! Like who the hell is names Ramsey this day and age? No one I know!"

"Are you sure about that?" Nicholas pestered me.

"Well...I mean...what do you want Nicholas? I am only 16, and on top of that, apart from my moms family and my siblings, I don't know shit about my dad or his side of the family. I got nothing." I shrugged my shoulders and slumped down in a mini depression.

"If it is your father you are related through, you could ask Ramsey about him, ya know?" Nicholas added.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"Ask Ramsey about your father. I bet he knows." Nicholas pulled me closer to him with ease.

"How do you know?" I tried to pull away.

"Alpha Families are supposed to keep detailed records for breeding and purity purposes. I bet your father is on it somewhere if you two are related." Nicholas wouldn't let me pull away.

"Oh..." I sucked in a tight breath as the car pulled into the driveway.

There was a contingent of cars waiting off to the side in the grass.

"What the hell is that?" I vocalized without questioning.

"That," Nicholas began, "would be Ramsey King and his men."