Chapter 5 Restrictions

"Where is it

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Where is it... where's my phone?" Michelle was rummaging through her bag pulling everything out.

"There it is." She exclaimed in relief at finding her phone. She turned it on and opened Brynn's contact and almost called her but stopped.

Michelle wanted to talk to her friends about everything but she also wanted to keep it a secret. She also told them she wouldn't be able to call them on the road – and if they asked questions about where she was... she couldn't tell them the truth. They'd freak out if they knew she'd been in an accident and her car had been totaled.

But she needed to talk to someone – and only her friends would understand. They had dated; which means they must've fallen in love. Even if it was a dozen times. They'd know about these crazy feelings and how to handle them. She needed their advice.

She almost pressed the dial button again but stopped and groaned. She couldn't do it. Leah and Brynn knew that she had never dated anyone or experienced any kind of intimate relationship. For a moment she was embarrassed about it; she thought maybe if she had some dating experience she'd know what to do in this situation. But she didn't have any. And she couldn't bring herself to tell her friends about what she was feeling. She herself didn't know what she was feeling. Was this what it felt like to be in love? Why did Brook make her feel like this?

She shook her head. She barely knew him; maybe these feelings were only fleeting. She couldn't trust them. But she wanted to... really badly.

She looked at her phone and noticed that there was no signal. She stood up holding her phone high to see if a signal would come. But it didn't.

"Weird. Maybe I'll get a bar outside." She walked out of the living quarters into the base. There still wasn't a signal.

"Michelle? What are you doing?" Jett asked as he came out from a room Michelle had not yet been in.

"I was trying to get a signal to make a call... oh, I forgot we're underground."

"Who says we're underground?" Jett asked, trying to sound mysterious.

"Um, it's obvious?" Michelle replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"Either way, you're not going to get much of a signal around here – or for the next fifty miles. It's like a dead zone for phones."

"Really? So there's no communication with the outside world at all?" Michelle asked.

"We have our own radio communications system. Soriano and I rigged it up so that no one can hack it or detect it. unless it's installed in your car, you can't do anything. Pretty cool right?"

"Um, sure but why won't I get a signal?"

"That's er – like I said. It's a - dead zone." Jett sounded like he was lying. Michelle felt he was keeping something. Brook came out just then.

Rebel Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें