Chapter 27 After the Sun comes Out

Michelle woke up feeling nauseous and her head was pounding

Michelle woke up feeling nauseous and her head was pounding. She stirred wondering why the bed was so soft - she wasn't used to sinking spongy mattresses.

She opened her eyes and saw Brook's peaceful sleeping face two inches from hers. She looked down and saw that he was shirtless. She gasped and slid backward before falling off the bed and landing on the carpeted floor with a thud. Brook heard the sound and woke up.

"What? Michelle! What happened? Are you hurt?" he asked, getting up and coming to her side.

"Ouch, no, just bruised." She looked down at her robe and then at Brook's bare torso again and a look of confusion came over her face.

"What happened? And what on earth am I wearing?!" she asked.

"My shirt and the hotel's bathrobe." He said with a smile.

"How did that happen?" Michelle asked, tilting her head to the side trying to remember the previous night.

"Let's just say your dress got the better of you and you wanted to get out of it. And you made me take off my shirt." Michelle looked at him in horror.

"I am so sorry Brook! What was I thinking?" she stood up with Brook's help and sat on the bed.

"Hey, you don't have to apologize for that," Brook said.

"Was I - drunk? I don't even remember anything! The last thing I remember was Paige giving me a milkshake..."

"That's where it started," Brook said grimly.

"What else did I do? What did I say? Oh no! I probably embarrassed myself so bad! I've only seen people get drunk on TV, I've never been drunk before! How bad was it?"

"You did throw up..." Brook said. Michelle groaned.

"Don't tell me anymore. I don't think I can bear to hear it."

"Actually after that, it got really cute," Brook said with a furtive smile, sitting next to her. "You freaked out when you didn't know my last name, thought you forgot your purse at the club, made me unzip your dress..." Michelle covered her face.

"Stop! I'll never live this down." Brook grinned and tickled her stomach.

"I'm not finished. You were still conscious enough to want to maintain dental hygiene, you said you wanted to show me off to your friends and parade me around your college..." Michelle placed her finger on his lips.

"Please Brook I'm already so embarrassed." He took her finger and kissed it.

"I was actually looking forward to that. I especially like the part where you called me a gorgeous guy..." he leaned her back against the pillow, suddenly trapping her underneath him.

"Brook..." she whispered. He smiled with hooded eyes before planting a kiss on her lips.

"You're adorable when you're drunk." He said huskily. "And last of all, you mumbled something about yellow and purple colors in your sleep. I didn't understand where that came from."