Chapter 28 Dark Developments

Michelle tentatively knocked on the door of Brook's room before opening it a crack

"Can I come in?" she asked.

"Sure." He said in a toneless voice. She shut the door behind her.

"I - need some help." She said hesitantly.

"With what?" Brook asked. She turned around and pointed to her dress zip.

"This," she said. He got up from his bed and moved to help her.

"I thought you'd get Paige or Leslie's help for this." He said in a low voice.

"I'd much rather you did it," she said.

"So you're talking to me again?" he asked, sliding the zip down. Despite his mood, his pulse sped up at the sight of Michelle's exposed skin on her back.

"I love you too much to stay mad forever." She said softly. She turned around to face him. He gazed at her features, his eyes full of regret.

"Michelle, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I do trust you. I just got jealous and thought -" She placed a finger on his lips.

"Shh, it's okay." She wrapped her arms around him. She felt him respond by placing his arms around her and he hugged her back.

"Nothing has ever been permanent in my life Michelle." He said against her shoulder. "But since I met you, you've got me imagining a life I never dreamed of having before." He held her back to look at her.

"I want to be a part of your life. Every part. That means being a normal boyfriend to you." Michelle nodded for him to continue.

"And that means I'm gonna get jealous from time to time. I may even act like a jerk again if I see some guy flirt with you. But I just want you to know that it means 'I love you and you belong with me'." Michelle touched his face.

"You need to start paying better attention to me. Don't you remember when I told you I'm yours?" She asked with a soft smile.

"I do," Brook said before pulling her back into a hug. "No matter what Michelle, I love you."

"Then stop talking and kiss me." she teased. He grinned and captured her lips with his own, his hands slipping inside her dress as they both fell back on the bed in a tangle.

 He grinned and captured her lips with his own, his hands slipping inside her dress as they both fell back on the bed in a tangle