Chapter 30 Tension

"How dare you all leave like that?!" Soriano shouted when the crew trooped in later. "Do you know how worried I was?! No, you don't, because you're all irresponsible, hotheaded -" he stopped when he saw their faces and noticed Brook was missing.

"Where's Brook?" he asked Payton. Leslie came behind him looking worried.

"Michelle? Are you okay?" she asked. Michelle swayed a little but Paige held her hand tight in support.

"She'll be fine after some sleep." Michelle pulled her hand away and clenched her fists.

"No, I'm not sleeping until we find Brook. Jett, you said you know how we should get started. Lead the way." She said to Jett.

"Michelle, it's past two in the morning. We should get some rest. I promise we'll search for him in the morning." Jett said. Michelle steeled herself, a look of determination crossing her face.

"Suit yourself. I'll find him myself." said walking into the office where Jett kept all his computers and devices. Soriano stared after her.

"Brook is - missing?" he asked with piercing eyes at Payton.

"He ran away. We found his Bugatti about thirty miles from here. He was gone." He said. Soriano pressed his eyes for a moment.

"I knew this would happen. Reece, get the computer fired up. We're gonna start looking for Brook right now. The rest of you get yourselves some coffee because we're gonna be up all night."

The crew spent the next few hours doing some intense tracking and studying of the Inferno Ghosts' sightings, trying to map possible locations where they may be hiding

The crew spent the next few hours doing some intense tracking and studying of the Inferno Ghosts' sightings, trying to map possible locations where they may be hiding. Finally, they had come up with a dozen different locations where the Inferno Ghosts might be in Vegas.

"We'll need to check at least five of them up," Paige said.

"And the others?" Michelle asked.

"We have a bunch of contacts around those areas; we can call them up without having to go all the way there," Payton said.

"Guys, I've got bad news," Jett said, startling everyone. Michelle perked up, a desperate look in her eyes. Everyone gathered around the computer he was working at and he opened a video.

"This is the CCTV footage of a camera about twenty feet from where we found Brook's car," Jett said. "I've been trying to track the car that Brook was taken off in but I can't trace them any further than twenty miles from the spot where he was kidnapped. There aren't enough CCTVs around there and I lost them."

"What about the road leading on?" Michelle asked. "If we know where they were heading for-"

"No good, Michelle. There are about twenty different routes from there." Jett said apologetically. Michelle felt her hopes dash again.

"Play the video. Maybe we can pick up clues from it." Paige said. Jett pressed the spacebar on his computer and the footage played. They saw Brook's Bugatti being parked and him getting out of the car. A few moments later, another car drove up and three men got out. They seemed to converse with Brook before striking him on the head. Michelle gasped and covered her lips in horror.