Chapter 31 Hot Trail

Michelle glanced at Brook's letter which she had laid out on the passenger's seat next to her as she drove

Michelle glanced at Brook's letter which she had laid out on the passenger's seat next to her as she drove. She hadn't stopped rereading it since she found it, the words burning in her memory like a hot iron. Her anger overrode her grief and fear for Brook as she was determined to get him back and make Jackson pay for hitting him – there was no other say about it.

"Those damn Ghosts should have contacted us by now, try to cut a deal with us, or at least threaten us, now that they've got Brook," Reece said suddenly over the radio.

"Maybe they've got bigger plans. You can't tell what Jackson is planning in that sick twisted brain of his." Paige ground out.

"He's sure to try to get Michelle though. We should proceed with caution." Jett said.

"I'm not delaying this any longer! Hours have passed since they got Brook! There's no time for caution!" Michelle vented.

"Calm down, angel face, we're moving as fast as we can. At least now we've got some leads on them." Paige said.

"We should've done this sooner. If we had narrowed down the locations of the Inferno Ghosts before, we wouldn't be wasting time checking up each and every location like this." Payton said.

"So why haven't we?" Paige asked.

"Because the chief didn't trust us with such sensitive information," Payton said with heavy sarcasm. "And now we're wasting time like this putting Brook in –"

"A-hem," Leslie said, clearing her throat to interrupt him. "I'm sure Brook is still alive. Let's not dwell on any other possibility."

"But seriously guys, do you think it's safe for Michelle to be coming along with us? I mean, Jackson wants her too and we'd be bringing her right to him." Jett said.

"If you think you can make me go back –" Michelle began angrily.

"No one is gonna make you go back angel face. Why do you think I showed you how to kick butt this morning?" Paige asked.

"Jackson is not gonna get you, Michelle, I promise. And he won't have Brook for much longer either." Payton said. Michelle felt her confidence restored. The unwavering loyalty and positive thoughts of the crew helped her believe that they would get Brook back unharmed – as soon as they found him.

 The unwavering loyalty and positive thoughts of the crew helped her believe that they would get Brook back unharmed – as soon as they found him