Chapter 26 Highlight of the Night

The Highlight was an expanse of glittering floors, three-dimensional black diamond-shaped walls, thumping music, and an excessive amount of purple neon lights

The Highlight was an expanse of glittering floors, three-dimensional black diamond-shaped walls, thumping music, and an excessive amount of purple neon lights. There were raised platforms along the sides of the walls for tables and cushy couches plus an upper-floor balcony overlooking the dance floor. A brightly lit up bar lay against the left of the DJ's table standing in front of a giant led screen that showed flashing colorful graphics.

"Looks like you actually picked a decent club this time, Jett," Paige said with light sarcasm.

"Paige, when have I ever disappointed?" he asked in mock horror. "Our birthday girl has to get the best first club experience anyway so I went all out."

"Thanks, Jett," Michelle said. Brook tugged her arm gently.

"You wanna hit the dance floor first or get a drink?" he asked.

"Of course she has to get a drink first! I want to see her dance with alcohol in her system." Paige said, dragging Michelle to the bar. "Start her off with a blue Margarita, naturally." She said to the bartender. The bartender slid a cocktail glass full of light blue liquid toward Michelle.

"Try it – you're making history here," Paige said with a smirk. Michelle took a sip and closed her eyes letting the alcohol kick in.

"Cheese and crackers, that's something!" she said.

"Don't spoil her taste buds, Paige. She should've tried a classic first." Payton said. He ordered another drink for her.

"It's a Mojito. Can't ever go wrong with this." He said pushing a slim glass full of white liquid and a lime wedge. Michelle sipped it and nodded.

"Hmm... I love the lime flavor." Payton grinned.

"My kind of girl." He said. Brook cleared his throat.

"One more?" he asked Michelle. He placed a short glass with pink liquid in her hand. She sipped it.

"Wow, that's like the definition of summer!" she said, smacking her lips.

"Paloma. Mexican classic." Brook said with a smile. Michelle giggled.

"Naturally." She put down the glass and pulled him to the dance floor.

"Time to do what we came here for." She said with a mischievous smile on her face. She started swaying her hips to the beat, her hands flipping her hair towards Brook. He laughed and put his hands around her waist, following her rhythm. She looked down at their feet which were lit up by the glowing dance floor and mirrored his steps.

"You're pretty good with alcohol as without," Brook said in her ear.

"I'm just getting warmed up." She winked. She shook her shoulders seductively towards him before pulling away deliberately.

"Hey!" Brook said drawing nearer to her. She laughed melodiously.

"Follow me," she said. He came and took one of her hands into his own before pulling her close. She smacked onto his chest, grinding against his body, and looked up at him, his face an inch away from hers.