Chapter 22 Narrow Escape

"They saw our car

"They saw our car. There's no chance of getting back to that." Payton said in a hard voice. Brook glanced at Michelle and Paige.

"Then we use what we find in here," he said, his voice just as grim. "Payton, you and Paige take the Koenigsegg. Michelle and I will escape another way."

"If we don't slow them down, they'll catch up to us! We'll be outnumbered!" Paige hissed from the car. "Jett, I need you to activate the fire alarm on the ground floor, only the ground floor." She said in her earpiece.

"What would that do?!" Payton asked.

"Get in and you'll see!" Paige retorted back. Payton got in the passenger's seat.

"I think I should drive –" Payton began.

"No way! I'm doing this!" Paige flared. She rolled the car out of the room. There was a crash downstairs as the Inferno Ghosts broke through the glass doors.

"What now?" Michelle asked, panic in her eyes.

"We go down, hold them off so you two can get a car and get out of here!" Paige said through the open window. She drove the car towards the ramp leading down and slammed the gas, sending the car shooting down.

"Do we follow?" Michelle asked Brook. She saw him calculating his options in his eyes. Paige's voice came through their earpieces before he could make a decision.

"Guys! Change of plan, there are too many of them down here. Do not come down! We'll hold them off and get away. You guys take a bike. I'm gonna torch this place and you don't want to be around when it does."

"Move now!" Brook said. He got on a neon blue motorcycle and inserted a skeleton key into the ignition. He turned it and the engine roared to life.

"Do you carry that everywhere you go?" she asked, pointing to the key.

"It comes in handy sometimes. Now get on!"

"Wait! We need helmets!" she said. She grabbed two helmets off the rack display nearby and gave one to Brook before climbing on the motorcycle. He started the bike, the engine roaring louder than the cars Michelle was used to.

"But how are we gonna get out of here? We can't go down and if the place blows up –"

"We have a few seconds before the second floor also goes up in flames. There's only one way out of here." Brook said, staring straight ahead at the glass wall. Horror dawned on Michelle as she realized what he meant. They had to drive the motorcycle through the glass wall from what might be twenty-five feet high.

"No, Brook we can't!" she protested.

"Michelle, you have to trust me, please!" Brook shouted. Michelle gulped and exhaled.

"Okay, I trust you!" she said.

"Good, then hang on and whatever you do, DO NOT let go!" Michelle wrapped her arms tight around Brook's torso and threaded her fingers together.