Chapter 14 A Day with the Crew

Mirano was a dull little town not far from Ginswell

Mirano was a dull little town not far from Ginswell. Michelle looked slightly disappointed as she looked out the window – she was expecting something more.

"It's so... quiet." She said.

"All the towns around here have been like this ever since the Inferno Ghosts showed up," Brook said. He parked his car on the side of the road. Everyone else had also parked and began to get out.

"Guys, so what are we doing first?" Jett asked, leaning over his car.

"I gotta stock up on some stuff so I'll see you later," Paige said walking off through a line of shops.

"Payton and I are gonna check out some parts," Reece said.

"What about the groceries?" Jett asked.

"You and Leslie hit the supermarket. We'll catch up for lunch later." Brook said.

"Where are you going?" Payton asked with suspicious eyes.

"I'm gonna show Michelle around," Brook answered in a way that no one could argue with. He got back in the car. Michelle waved at everyone.

"See you guys later," she said. Brook drove off.

"So, what's to see around here?" Michelle asked.

"There's not much actually but I wanted some time alone with you out here. that's not easy to come by with everyone being around at the base." Brook said. Michelle smiled.

"Aw, is it a date?"

"You could call it that."

"In that case... Do you mind if I pick our first stop?"

"No but, what did you have in mind?"

"I read in an online tour guide that Mirano has a chapel in the center of the town."

"You want to go to a little town chapel?" Brook asked with mild surprise.

"It is Sunday."

"Right. Alright then, to the chapel."

The Anon chapel was the only chapel in town and was fairly packed despite the sparse population. Brook lingered back as he and Michelle approached the wide-open doors.

"Come on," Michelle said, holding out her hand to Brook.

"I'm not exactly a model citizen, Michelle."

"That doesn't matter. God won't punish you if you come in." She smiled encouragingly. He slowly took her hand and they went in. After the service finished, the chapel emptied out and Brook and Michelle were the only ones left sitting in the back.

"What's on your mind?" Brook asked, seeing Michelle gaze at the crucifix behind the altar.

"I was just thankful for everything. After all, I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for God."