Chapter 21 The Heist

That night, Paige had dragged Michelle to her room for some mysterious reason and was now shuffling through her wardrobe

That night, Paige had dragged Michelle to her room for some mysterious reason and was now shuffling through her wardrobe. Michelle stood by watching her wondering what it was about.

"Seriously Paige, say something. Do you need fashion advice or something from me?"

"Pft, that's hilarious. No, you're the one who needs a serious wardrobe update." She pulled out a black leathery v-necked bodysuit and a deep red biker jacket.

"Er, what's that for?" Michelle asked.

"You. Tonight. I'm not usually the woman who gives a damn about fashion," Michelle winced, "But I cannot bear to see you go on the ultimate heist dressed like a preppy cheerleader. Plus, you're gonna stick out like a sore thumb in those fluorescent colors." She pushed the clothes into Michelle's hands.

"That flower blouse and preppy jeans have to go. I'll give you two minutes." Paige said leaving the room for her to change. Michelle opened and closed her mouth like a fish unable to protest. She? Wear clothes like this? She ran her hand through the leather. It felt intimate – nothing like her loose comfy blouses. The v-neck was also not something she normally wore. She vaguely wondered how Brook would react to her in the outfit... would he lose his mind at the sight of her? She quickly got into the clothes, suddenly eager to see Brook's reaction.

"Hmm. Slammin'." Paige said when she entered the room later and saw Michelle in her clothes.

"It's not my style but it fits," Michelle said self-consciously patting the suit down.

"Wait till the guys see it. Brook won't be able to contain himself." Paige said with a smirk.

"Whoa," Jett said on seeing Paige and Michelle come downstairs. Reece looked up from his game and blinked. Leslie gave an approving smile from the couch. Brook and Payton who were standing by the dining table also turned and gawked unashamedly, Brook's jaw dropping when he saw Michelle.

"Sweetheart, I don't think that outfit is street-legal," Payton said, throwing a mischievous smile at Michelle.

"You look... wow, er, different," Brook said, fumbling for words. Michelle smiled. The priceless look on his face made her feel dressing up was worth it.

"Do you not approve?" she asked, coming near and putting her hands around his neck. He slid his hand around her waist and pulled her close.

"Oh, I definitely approve." He almost purred. Payton groaned.

"Break up the love fest before I puke. We get it. Michelle looks hot. Looks like your handiwork, Paige." He said, casting her a sideways glance.

"Obvi." She said, opening a soda can and drinking from it. She was dressed in a similar midnight blue sleeveless bodysuit and a black sleeveless leather vest jacket.

"You girls look fierce!" Jett said. Soriano came in and saw them.

"Dressed for tonight I see." He said with a smile. "Good. But there's been a slight change of plans." Everyone turned to look at him.