Chapter 12 Dare or Dare

After everything but the drinks was consumed, everyone lounged around the couch, sipping from their highball glasses

"Okay, this is it. The second best part of the evening – truth or dare!" Jett said with a flourish.

"How far does this go? Because at my college everyone does the craziest things." Michelle said to Brook.

"You haven't played truth or dare like this, that's for sure." He said wryly. Paige who was sitting on the floor heard them.

"You afraid, angel face? Thought you'd have more nerve after those sick dance moves you pulled off." She taunted. That was enough to reinforce her daring.

"Let's do this." She said with her chin up.

"Alright! Nothing beats Michelle! Now, who goes first?"

"Oldest to youngest. That way Michelle can see how it's done." Paige said. Jett groaned.

"Aw. That means I have to go first. And everyone knows the best dares go last."

"Just for that, I'm gonna make you wish you went last," Paige said with a wicked smile. Jett gulped.

"Can we start already? Sheesh, you guys talk too much." Payton grumbled.

" I'm up. Jett, truth or dare?" Paige asked.

"Do you even have to ask? Dare!" he practically yelled back in excitement. Reece put a hand on his shoulder to pull him down.

"Someone's had a little too much margaritas." He muttered.

"Okay, Jett. I dare you –" she paused for suspense.

"I dare you to say something to Michelle that'll make her blush. If she doesn't, you have to paint pink flowers on your car." Jett's face fell.

"What? Not my car! my beautiful electric blue car..."

"Then get a move on," Paige said. Brook glanced from Paige to Jett.

"I don't like this. Jett, you'd better not –"

"Relax Brook. I wanna see this." Paige said. Jett got up and came to Michelle's side, covered her ear with his hand, and whispered something for a long moment. Michelle's eyes widened and a rosy blush spread from her cheeks to her neck. Her eyes avoided Brook's.

"That's a good color on you!" Reece said laughing. Jett returned to his seat, Brook's eyes hard on him.

"Jett what did you tell her?!" he asked. Jett grinned goofily.

"Nothing she wasn't already thinking, that's for sure." He said. Paige put her fingers between her lips and whistled.

"Whoo! That's what I'm talking about!" Brook groaned under his breath.

"My turn. Jett, I dare you to do the ice bucket challenge." Michelle looked at him.

"Wait, I thought his turn was over?"