CHAPTER 8

Walking into the school, I spot Jen and Marcus, her friend, standing by my locker. I walk up to them.
"hii" I say with a smile.

"hey laia, thank god, youre hear tell marcus how ridiculous he looks in that leather jacket" Jen says exasperated.

"Alaia does it not totally go with my new bike?" Marcus asks looking at me.

"Yeah, uh i think its nice" I say shyly, looking around.

"Yeah Jen, its nice" Marcuz says grinning.

"Hey, Alaia?" I hear a deep voice say behind me. I spin around quickly to find Noah. He's the typical 'Jock' 'golden boy' of the school. I look up at his tall frame confused.

"Yeah?" I ask in a low voice.

"You going to prom on Friday?" he asks smirking at me.

"Um, yea I am, why?" I ask still looking at him.

"Uh, I wanted to ask you, if you would go to prom with me?" He asks scratching the back of his neck.

I blush crimson and look down. What? Ive never spoken to him before and he's asking me to prom?

"Uhmm.." I start not knowing what to say.

"Sorry Noah, this cutie is just too damn shy, but yes she will go to prom and the game, with you" Jen says for me smirking.

My eyes widen as i look up at him again to see him grinning.

"Okay, great, can i have your number, ill pick you up before the game?" He asks, handing me his phone.

"Y-yeah, sure, thankyou for asking me"I smile at him and he smiles before walking away.

"OMG Noah Tyler just asked you to prom!!!" Jen squeals as Marcus snickers.

"Yeah, but you said yes, I haven't even asked papa, he probably wont be too happy about this" I say worriedly.

"Oh shush, youll be fine lets go get those yearbooks" Jen says as i follow.

*************

I make it home and fidget as i walk to papa's office.

I knock and enter after i hear come in.

Zio Vince is here, good he always listens to me.

"Uhm papa, i need to ask something" I say and they both look up at me and zio smiles.

"Sì, tesoro go on" Papa says.

"Uh- well its just- I didn't- and then Jen said yes and I- please just-" I blurt out random words.

"Tesoro, i know 5 different languages  that im afraid isnt one" he says amused, "dont be scared, ask" he says more seriously.

"Uh a- a guy at school asked if-if I'd go to the game on Wednesday and to prom on Friday, with him, and i couldn't say anything so Jen said yes and he wants to pick me up Wednesday" I say looking down.

" che cosa?, are you asking for me to let you go out, alone, with some boy I dont know?" Papa asks in a disbelieving tone.
(what)

"I- I know, im sorry but she said yes its rude to say no now papa, please." I say looking at him.

"Is he a boyfriend, Alaia?"
Alaia. He said my name, oh noo he is so mad.

"No! No papa i swear i didn't even talk to him before today, but everyone brings dates to prom, we're going as friends, promettere" I say.
(promise)

"Tonio, its fine they're just kids wanting to have fun, we'll post men to keep an eye on her both nights, she'll be fine, non vuoi principessa?"
(won't you princess)

I perk up and look at him smiling, "Sì, zio" I say.

Papa sighs,
"You spoil her too much" he says to zio.

"She deserves it" zio says winking at me.

I giggle and hug him then go to my room and fall asleep watching netflix.