CHAPTER 66

Its two days later, Im in the kitchen with zia, eating the cheese garlic bread she made for dinner. I dip it in zia Bianca's sweet and hot sauce and moan. This is heaven. They both snicker and i cant even be embarrassed right now. Im wearing my Christmas pajamas. they're cute.

Once i finish my piece, i wipe my hands stand there watching them work. Suddenly i feel a weird twist in my stomach and i let out a surprised squeal or whimper. I hear loud footsteps as both zia Shaina and Bianca rush to me.

ALESS'S POV

Im in the sitting room, when i hear the unmistakable sound of my little baby in pain. I quickly jolt up and to the kitchen where i know she is.

"Alaia" i call as soon as i see her, hunched over in the kitchen.

"Aless" she breaths. "Ahh it hurtss" she says making my heart clench.

"Alessandro she's in labor, take her to the hospital, now" i hear mama say. I look at her alrmed. Fuck.

I quickly but gently pick her up bridal style and carry her out. Nicks on the phone, papa is shouting orders and im just focused on getting my baby to stop whimpering. I drive as fast as I can to the med wing and jump out, i notice nicks car pull up behind me. I grab Alaia and rush in to see her doctor already waiting. They help me and take her to a room. Goddamn.

~

We're in a big room. Alaia is on the bed and they are monitoring her heart and stuff. Also my beautiful baby's heartbeat. And her contractions. Every time one hits, she squeezes my hand.

"Does it hurt?" i ask. ok, stupid question.

"No its really pleasant, its like someone is playfully squeezing my insides" she gritts out sarcastically giving me a tight smile. Ouch. I mumble a sorry as another wave hits her and squeals.

"Aless never touch me again, i dont want your thing anywhere near me ever again" she screams and my eyes widen. Damn.

She's just saying that right?

The doctor enters and i sigh in relief. We've been here for 4 hours and no baby.

She checks something under the sheet again and says something to the nurse.

"Okay darling, you're 10 centimetres dilated, we can start pushing now" she says and Alaia whimpers. Oh god im having a baby.

~
"Alaia you need push darling, the baby is crowning" the doctor says as Alaia pants. I keep kissing her head and whispering how well shes doing.

"Alessandro you did this to me, you monster" she screams and the nurses snicker.

"okay Alaia one last push, really hard darling" i watch as my little baby strains and suddenly drops with a satisfied sigh. Wait what.

"Congratulations you have a beautiful baby boy" the doctor announces holding up our boy and Alaia sobs.

"Oh he's so tiny" she says and and i chuckle. They take him to the side, probably to clean him up. "Where'd he go?" she frowns looking around me.

"they're just gonna clean him up amore, he'll be back" i say and kiss her forehead.

"Okay but make sure they're careful okay, he's very small" she says sleepily and i nod. I see her eyes start to droop and i look around, alarmed.

"Uh-"

The doctors cuts me off, " she's tired, she'll just take a nap and then she'll be up, mean while, we'll check on your boys vitals and you can go grab her something to eat, she'll probably be hungry." she finishes. I breath out, relieved and kiss my wife before heading out.

"Aless!" i hear mama and i look up to see all our family and i grin.

"We have a little boy" i say and everyone exclaims. A series of congratulations is heard and we continue our discussion.

~

Its been 3 almost 4 hours since the birth of our baby boy. Both the mother and son and napping right now as i watch them. This is me. Complete.

I hear a small mewl that i know all too well as a content Alaia, waking up. I smile.

"Hi baby" i say as i walk to her and she looks up at me and smiles. Then turns her head to the little transparent cart beside her bed. I help her sit up and she strokes his cheek.

"Im gonna love you so much" she coos and i chuckle. I beep the nurse because she asked me to, when Alaia wakes up. The elderly woman enters with a warm smile.

"hi deary, i think we should try breastfeeding" she says. oh.

Later we sit in the room while she plays with him and i watch them.

"baby, we need a name" i say and she looks up.

"um" she hesitates. "i have one ive always loved for a boy, zia was telling me that she loves it aswell" she says and i nod for her to continue. "Grayson" she says looking down at the bundle in her arms. I smile.

"Grayson" i repeat. "Its perfect, baby" i smile. We hear a knock and all our family enters. They all meet gray and congratulate us. Alaia gets alot of presents and we all settle around, talking.

"Do you have a name?" mama asks amd i nod.

"Grayson Alessandro De'Marco" i say and the whole room breaks into cheers.

"Its beautiful, oh!" mama exclaims kissing my boy on his cheeks.

I look around and see that here in this room, i have my whole world. Everything that i will ever need. Its perfect. My eyes meet Alaia's across the room and i grin.

il mio piccolo bambino ingenuo.

(My little naive baby)

THE END