CHAPTER 53

After dinner, everyone has settled in the sitting room, as I help serve the dessert, I notice how Aless isn’t present, I bend to Angelo to hand his his plate and he whispers to me,

“he’s out in the gardens” I look at him and nod and excuse myself to go find him.

I walk around a little in the huge space before I see him standing in a gazebo, smoking.

“Alessandro” I say and he suddenly turns to me, his eyes softening as he looks at me. I hate the sad look on his face. “W-why aren’t you in for dessert?” I ask softly, not knowing what else to say.

“I don’t want any...” he trails off, I play with my fingers, “you don’t have to stay out here though, ill be in, in a little.” He says with a pained expression.

“But-“I start but he cuts me off

“Alaia, you don’t have to feel guilty for moving on, I don’t deserve you, I never did, I keep messing up an-” I smack his chest making him stop and stare at me confused.

“What? You would just let me move on like that, that easy? You’re so stupid I can’t believe you would say that, I would never tell you to go to someone else, you are so friggin infuriating, I just am so mad at you right now” I burst. “Move on?” I shriek and he looks guilty. “You are a dumbass, I love you and you just practically asked me to go to another man! Oh m-“   my eyes tear up and his widen as he quickly steps forward to hold me.

“Im sorry mio amore, im so sorry, I hate not being with you, I don’t know what to do baby, I just know that I love you and I want the best for you so I-“ he pauses. “Never mind, I’m sorry little baby, never again amore I promise” he says into my hair. We just stay like that holding eachother for about 20 or so minutes.

“Am I forgiven, babygirl?” he asks me.

“No” I say stubbornly. “You made me cry, AND you made me miss dessert” I pout and he chuckles.

“well what if I made it up to you by taking you out to eat because we both didn’t have dinner, and then dessert after?” he asks. I giggle. I actually didn’t eat at all.

“hm, maybe, ill have to eat first, I get very grumpy on an empty stomach” I say walking away as he follows, chuckling.

“Where are they?” I ask, not seeing our guests.

“Oh they left, do I see two lovely ‘we just made up’ smiles there” Zia Shaina teases and I blush and I think Aless confirms because I hear multiple cheers.

“Alright you kids enjoy, Tonio and Dante I need you in the office please” Zio says as the adults disperse and the guys tease Aless who just flips them off while Lara and I talk about how it happened.

“Alright well, im taking my girl out, let papa and zio tonoi know, ciao” Aless says as he drags me out. Once we’re out, he tugs my hand to make me face him. “Can I kiss you, neonata?” he whispers. I blush and I nod. Once we pull away, he looks at me up and down. “You look too good, I could eat you up.” He husks in my ear, biting it gently making me gasp and turn red. I mumble a stop and he laugh, helping me into the car.

Once he’s in aswell he speaks up, “what do you want to eat baby?” he asks. I missed him so much.

“I missed you” I whisper making him look at me and his playful gaze softens.

“I missed you too amore, so fucking much I wanted to fucking kill me for fucking up and hurting you” he says sadly. I shake my head and lean in to kiss him as well, he pulls me to him and we enjoy the closeness, until I pull away.

“Someone will see!” I squeal and he laughs, driving off with me still in his lap. I snuggle into his neck. So peaceful.