06. {canine distemper virus}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

moonee had been bedbound ever since the incident, although she wasn't complaining. scott had left to take his psat at the school and melissa was at her work shift.

the girl was bored. franchie had out of school tutoring, mason was busy and... those were her only two friends. for a split second, she thought about hanging out with liam, but the idea made her stomach churn.

so when lydia came over, telling her about the virus spreading in beacon hills high school and offering to take her there, moonee hastily agreed.

when the two girls arrived at the school, they were greeted with bright lights, policemen, infection control and other worried students and parents.

with her hand tightly grasped to moonee's, lydia ran straight into the commotion, "sheriff! sheriff!"

the two were immediately held back by a policeman. luckily, lydia's yells had caught the attention of sheriff stilinski and agent mccall.

"whoa, hey!" sheriff called out to his co-worker.

rafael stepped forward, "that's my daughter." he announced.

"we know these girls. let them in."

"sorry, sir."

"my mom's in there." lydia whispered to sheriff, "what's happening?"

"moonee, what are you doing here?" her father questioned, he had been told she was unwell.

"we're working on it..."

"came to check on my brothers and their girlfriends." moonee stated.

"your mother said you were sick." rafael continued.

"sick, tired, exhausted, ill?" moonee listed, "they're all the same words. perhaps you got them mixed up."

"go home, moonee." rafael ordered, "it's not safe here."

"you're right, it isn't." moonee shook her head, "but i'm not leaving until, scott and everyone else in there can too."

rafael took a deep breath, he knew there was no point trying to send her away, she would stay either way. "fine." he groaned, "just, don't leave my sight."

"all right, dad." moonee nodded.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

moonee had left her dad's sight moments after that. she waited for him to be in deep conversation with another member of staff before she slipped away.

as she ran around the building, she had one thought that clouded her mind: she needed to get inside. moonee approached a side entrance to the school, but it was guarded by a policeman. the girl took a deep breath and tried to think of a plan.