47. {ghost rider attack}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

liam gently placed moonee onto the top of the house's staircase, away from the loud music and laughter. the party was in full swing, but liam was more concerned about moonee's state of mind. if the ghost riders did come, she wouldn't be able to protect herself. liam didn't mind having to protect her, but he knew if she found out after she'd be annoyed at herself.

"here, drink this." liam said softly, offering the water bottle he had picked up from downstairs. "you've had quite a few drinks tonight."

moonee giggled and leaned into him, disregarding the water bottle. "i'm fine, liam. i'm just having a good time," she mumbled, her eyes slightly unfocused and her words slurring as she spoke.

liam couldn't help but smile at her drunken antics. "i know you are, moonee, but how about we slow down a bit, okay? as franchie said, we're on a mission. we have to keep gwen safe. and if the ghost riders don't come, i want us to have a good time together, and i want you to remember it in the morning."

"i think i like you." moonee nodded. "i mean you're so nice to me. like oddly nice to me. which is weird because i was never nice to you."

liam placed his hands on her cheeks, feeling a surge of affection for her. "i mean, i'd hope you'd like me, we've been dating for months. and i like you too, moonee. more than you know," he whispered, hoping she would remember his words when she sobered up.

"you're so gushy and sentinental when you're drunk." moonee shook her head at him.

"i'm not drunk, you're drunk." liam reminded her. "and you're the one who talks too much when you're drunk. i mean you're saying things you would never say to me."

"drunk words are..." she started.

he rolled his eyes. "yeah, yeah. sober thoughts. just would be nice for your sober thoughts to be sober words."

"you ask of too much." moonee tutted.

"shut up and drink the water." liam smiled and shook his head, opening the plastic bottle.

"no." moonee playfully glared at him. "and don't tell me to shut up!"

he held the water bottle to her mouth and she shut her lips tightly. "moon." he groaned.

"are y-you gonna force me to drink it?" moonee challenged.

"i might."